What's new

Lupo 127 and Mamba 92

I have to find how much the blade exposure increased ( or not) for the L 127 and the M 92.
If you know....please chime it..
I was going to email Joe, just have not had the time yet.
BFX

I've got the GC .84OC, SB, GC 1.05P, and the Lupo 95OC and SB. All of them are great, and now the GC 1.05 is my daily driver for regular shaves, while the Lupo 95OC is what I use for head shaving. I'm curios about the Lupo 1.27, but I think both the Lupo .95OC and the GC 1.05P are just perfect for me.

If you like blade feel and smoothness the 1.27 is for you. What a great razor at a bargain price. But if you want a mild shave and smooth don't bother.
Lupo 1.27.png

This here is a shaver, Gents. Honestly, I believed that RR with the Lupo line up was already a success with the available offerings before the .127 was offered this week. The Lupo offers efficiency, smoothness, ease of use, quality and affordability that is unmatched in western civilization. When I first saw the .127 announced I said to meself “naaa, this just isn’t required and Razorock just may have gone a bit to far” yet, the price is extremely affordable and I just took it up on a whim just to answer to myself, why?

The shave tonight, that’s why. I haven’t shaved since I ordered this version almost 4 days ago in anticipation. 2 passes and I dropped the mic. No touch ups, no buffing, no clean ups of any kind. Two nics from an obliterated blackhead and an obnoxious early pimple on the chin. Both were simply eradicated and I didn’t feel a thing. Just saw the two blood spots and said “Well I’ll be.” Alum & styptic pencil all under control with no blood flow in under 5 minutes. A smidge of heat on the left sideburn as I might have applied a bit to much pressure or a slight dry shave stroke ATG. The heat was gone before I poured me a Bourbon and sat on the porch to count and ponder the nightly stars above.

Fantastic shave minus the minor snafoos.

I agree with @uptown 100%. Smooth & gentle shave followers need not apply. Performance shavers that enjoy the feel of steel, those that want an efficient yet still comfortable shaver that requires a respectable touch or if you’re a one day a week shaver and want something that can take on thick, prickly, grizzled whiskers, this one is your huckleberry. Additionally, if you want an uber efficient shaver that still offers smoothness with better than average comfort for a one pass daily whisker decapitating mercenary, sign up at IB.

If the .95 SB/OC was or is your facial shaving limit in razor tool territory, this is going to be overkill for you, the .127 that is. How does it feel compared to the .95 Lupo? Quite close actually with very little trade off in comfort and ease of use. However, it requires one to be a bit more mindful as this size gap offers more whiskers to enter to be cut, so in turn it allows more skin as well to be exposed to the blade. This is not Ikon Tech territory where good technique, clear shave mindset and a nice dose of respect is required. That sort of discipline is not required at all for the Lupo .127.

Just don’t sleep on it. It’s got some teeth if you dare it. Great shaves to all….

A5E94104-B771-48C4-B4BD-D277B7467DEA.jpeg

370EC1DD-0815-4F21-9639-212D55EBCF06.jpeg

I have both the solid bar and open comb Lupon 95 for my preferences I think the solid bar works better for me, so I don’t think I’ll be interested in more aggressive than that as the open com version is a little bit too much blade exposure for my taste

This here is a shaver, Gents. Honestly, I believed that RR with the Lupo line up was already a success with the available offerings before the .127 was offered this week. The Lupo offers efficiency, smoothness, ease of use, quality and affordability that is unmatched in western civilization. When I first saw the .127 announced I said to meself “naaa, this just isn’t required and Razorock just may have gone a bit to far” yet, the price is extremely affordable and I just took it up on a whim just to answer to myself, why?

The shave tonight, that’s why. I haven’t shaved since I ordered this version almost 4 days ago in anticipation. 2 passes and I dropped the mic. No touch ups, no buffing, no clean ups of any kind. Two nics from an obliterated blackhead and an obnoxious early pimple on the chin. Both were simply eradicated and I didn’t feel a thing. Just saw the two blood spots and said “Well I’ll be.” Alum & styptic pencil all under control with no blood flow in under 5 minutes. A smidge of heat on the left sideburn as I might have applied a bit to much pressure or a slight dry shave stroke ATG. The heat was gone before I poured me a Bourbon and sat on the porch to count and ponder the nightly stars above.

I agree with @uptown 100%. Smooth & gentle shave followers need not apply. Performance shavers that enjoy the feel of steel, those that want an efficient yet still comfortable shaver that requires a respectable touch or if you’re a one day a week shaver and want something that can take on thick, prickly, grizzled whiskers, this one is your huckleberry. Additionally, if you want an uber efficient shaver that still offers smoothness with better than average comfort for a one pass daily whisker decapitating mercenary, sign up at IB.

If the .95 SB/OC was or is your facial shaving limit in razor tool territory, this is going to be overkill for you, the .127 that is. How does it feel compared to the .95 Lupo? Quite close actually with very little trade off in comfort and ease of use. However, it requires one to be a bit more mindful as this size gap offers more whiskers to enter to be cut, so in turn it allows more skin as well to be exposed to the blade. This is not Ikon Tech territory where good technique, clear shave mindset and a nice dose of respect is required. That sort of discipline is not required at all for the Lupo .127.

Just don’t sleep on it. It’s got some teeth if you dare it. Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1761142
View attachment 1761143
Thanks for sharing another excellent review 😀

I do enjoy the shaves with both the .95 SB /OC baseplates and they are not too much for me.
The 1.27 baseplate, however, might be a borderline baseplate setup for me, although you described the shaving experience to be "still comfortable". I assume this is a shaver which requires a steep shaving angle rather than riding the cap?

Your comparison to the Tech is truly helpful. Perhaps there's another razor in your lineup which offers a similar level of blade feel, out of memory? I already know I wouldn't mind the blade gap as such but if there was too much blade exposure I'd end up with some sort of heat, too, that's why I'm asking.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Razorock offered an intermediate Lupo baseplate in the 1.10 range in the upcoming future...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing another excellent review 😀

I do enjoy the shaves with both the .95 SB /OC baseplates and they are not too much for me.
The 1.27 baseplate, however, might be a borderline baseplate setup for me, although you described the shaving experience to be "still comfortable". I assume this is a shaver which requires a steep shaving angle rather than riding the cap?

Your comparison to the Tech is truly helpful. Perhaps there's another razor in your lineup which offers a similar level of blade feel, out of memory? I already know I wouldn't mind the blade gap as such but if there was too much blade exposure I'd end up with some sort of heat, too, that's why I'm asking.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if Razorock offered an intermediate Lupo baseplate in the 1.10 range in the upcoming future...

Cheers!

Thanks amigo. I appreciate the compliment.

I answered a similar question on another forum a short time ago. I’ll just copy & paste it here my friend. :thumbup1:

Pardon the delay amigo. Duty calls with family & work and I just finally have some time to sit down to put some thoughts down. To reiterate what ewk posted above, he makes a very valid point with the Lupo side of the story. Unfortunately, I can’t say an iota concerning the GC 1.05 as I don’t own one. I love both the Lupo .95 SB/OC variants and lean towards the SB version as it offers me a slightly smoother and comfortable shave in that as a daily, it works better for me over the OC variant. The 1.27 takes the Lupo into highly efficient territory but, with the .95 shave characteristics of still offering comfort and smooth operation. This newer gap puts the Lupo right there in the middle of the Charcoal Goods level 2 & 3 and just a tick under if not equal to the Stirling ST razor. The 1.27 is just as good as the R41 but, it has a more stable feel as the blade is better supported & clamped giving more feedback on exactly what is going on between steel & skin. I shaved yesterday at about 7:30-8pm and it is now 1:45pm eastern time and I just felt the first couple of spots with light stubble about an hour ago. Let’s just put it at about 16 hours of smooth skin without a trace of a single whisker. That’s up there with some of the best of the efficient hierarchy in my shave experience with the likes of the R41 pre 2013, .95 OC Timeless Ti, Rex Ambassador, Asylum Rx 1st release, Blackbird, Dart, Taiga, Sailor & the legendary Ikon Tech. That’s real good company for a razor that’s well under the century mark in price.

In all honesty, there isn’t a bad gap size in the whole Lupo line up. But, if you want the one that can potentially get you done in perhaps one & definitely two shave passes, the .127 is the one to go with in this series of Lupo razors. As a bonus, you don’t need to be a Shaolin shave master a la Pai Mei (Kill Bill reference) to get an excellent result.

I'd rather go with more exposure, as that has proven numeorus times to be the thing that gets me closer shaves, but if you say so.

View attachment 1761142
View attachment 1761143
Oh, don't do that to me. I have a Christmas bonus coming up. You lot are a bunch of enablers, but why am I even wasting my breath. I'd do the same if I were you. :lol:

I have to agree, I simply like the Game Changers and Lupos a lot more than either Mamba or BBS.

And the BBS, looking almost like a Mamba, seems to be a later improved version of the Mamba design. So I am a bit surprised that they offer another Mamba with a higher gap. They have a BBS line with a lot of options by now, too, after all.

I think they have too many different razors and plate options by now. Getting a particular one can be tricky if they are offered only in small number batches. I enjoy the options, I just find it incredibly annoying that you have to rush upon release or you might not be guaranteed to get the plate or razor you desire a few weeks later.
I'm kind of the opposite, I prefer the BBS and Mambas to the Lupo series, at least the safety bar plates.

I think the BBS is sort of an homage to Merkur 45 and the Mamba is a twist on the old Velvet DE razor.
I think they might be keeping them around because they require slightly different angles, even if the shaves are somewhat similar once you get there.

I have a Lupo .95 and love it. I also have a Russian razor, which I can't recall how to spell out in English (kOAnGPN - but the N is backwards for English and the G is more like a 6 and the A is not an A) in .130 gap. The Lupo is at .95 and the Russian razor are both excellent, despite the difference in gaps. I also have a Rex Ambassador that I have used at 5 or 6, whatever is the max gap, and have had great shaves if I am not careless. I don't think the gap matters as much as we think it does.
I think you mean the Homelike Colibri.

I sold the Lupo DC I had and kept the Colibri (1.5 SB and 1.3 OC).

I'd rather go with more exposure, as that has proven numeorus times to be the thing that gets me closer shaves, but if you say so.

Oh, don't do that to me. I have a Christmas bonus coming up. You lot are a bunch of enablers, but why am I even wasting my breath. I'd do the same if I were you. :lol:
its a meme. not meant to be taken seriously

Top Bottom