What's new

Regular Razorock Mamba VS Mamba 70

Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I had the RazoRock Game Changer. Lovely razor but a bit too aggressive for me. Then I bought a regular Mamba, very nice again and smoother than the Game Changer but the Mamba was much less efficient than the Game Changer. I want something in between these 2. Would the Mamba 70 be that option?

How does it compare to the regular Mamba and Game Changer?

Thanks!

The mamba 70 shaves pretty similarly to the regular mamba. Even with the bigger blade gap, it still feels the same due to the lack of blade exposure.

I think you would like the fatip testina gentile.

I have all the GCs and Mambas. I assume you had the GC.84? That one is very efficient, but it can bite. The Mamba you have is indeed not super efficient, but I shaved with it this am and I have a solid BBS. Before you give up, I would recommend you try to dial in on the shaving angle for the Mamba because once you get it right, it is a very nice shaver. For that purpose, make sure you have no background noise or music on when you use the Mamba. Let the sound of your whiskers and blade feel direct you to the right shaving angle.

That said, even I will concede that for everyday shaving, both the GC68 and Mamba70 are the easiest tools to use. Both are smooth (with the GC68 the smoothest) and both are efficient enough. Notice how I say "enough". Because neither is in the same efficiency ballpark as the GC84. Both both do what they were designed to do incredibly well. The big difference is the head geometry and the resulting shave angle.

Another razor that is in my rotation is the Fatip Gentile. It has almost zero blade gap BUT it is plenty efficient even as a closed comb. And it WILL bite if your technique is not good. In part because it is the smoothest of all the razors we have discussed so far, which means you'll be cruising over your face with zero effort only to find out later that you paned a few spots right off your face. This razor is fantastic, but requires some patience...both in loading the bade straight and learning the technique. Incidentally, it is the razor that really TAUGHT me good technique. Unlike the GC and Mamba, the Gentile also is more fickle about which blades work well in it where as both the GC and Mamba seem to work with almost any blade for me.

My current weekly rotation is as follows:

2 Days Mamba 70
2 Days GC68
1 Day GC84
1 Day Mamba
1 Day Fatip Gentile

Either way, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your input guys I appreciate it.

Oh, and I had the GC .68. So maybe I used it wrong? But fact is, I sold them on both. I just like the feeling of my Rockwell 6S better over the Mamba and GC.

Maybe RazoRock is coming out with a setup like the Rockwell. Then I all over that.

- its a little in between isn't - that's why I haven't pulled the trigger of each yet. I'm pretty hooked on my Karve set ups.

I think you might like the Mamba 70. I find it to be smoother and more comfortable than the Game Changer 68 (much closer to the original Mamba 53 in the smoothness department), but noticeably more efficient than the Mamba 53. I am not a big fan of the GC 68 as I find it a bit rough without delivering a big increase in efficiency over the Mamba 53. But the Mamba 70 is, for me, an excellent combination of efficiency and comfort. Plus, it is a major bargain for a quality SS razor.

I just ordered one. Thanks for the input guys. I hope this will be THE razor for me. I am not a collector and only need/want 2 stainless razors.

It’s a shame you sold them before you tried Feather or Bic Chrome Platinum blades on the Mamba 53. These make the razor very efficient.

Those 2 aren't my favorite blades. Kai blades are comparable as feathers in terms of sharpness but much more smooth (to me).

Those 2 aren't my favorite blades. Kai blades are comparable as feathers in terms of sharpness but much more smooth (to me).
I hate those blades too in my other razors. They cut me up and are unforgiving but they transformed the Mamba into an efficient and respectable razor, specially with the Bics.

So far, in my .70 Mamba, the only blade I can get to work out of my stash is a Rapira Lux. Since I'm doing the sabbatical, I'm not getting any more blades. I've got 4 left of those, and they are only going to be going in that razor. I might try out a few more that I've got a tuck or two in it in the near future, but that blade does work well in that razor for me, YMMV.

So far, in my .70 Mamba, the only blade I can get to work out of my stash is a Rapira Lux. Since I'm doing the sabbatical, I'm not getting any more blades. I've got 4 left of those, and they are only going to be going in that razor. I might try out a few more that I've got a tuck or two in it in the near future, but that blade does work well in that razor for me, YMMV.
What blades have you tried that did not work?

I will see for myself. I'm not too worried. Everywhere I've read that it's just as smooth as the original Mamba, but noticeably more efficient. That's perfect for me!

Top Bottom