What's new

Red Tip Blade Advice Needed

Bought a Red Tip and tried it with Feather Blades. Have used it 3 times this week. Every time I have used it I get weepers in different places. What blades are you all using. When next I shave I'm going to try some yellow 7 o'clocks and see how that goes.

I see you have over 70 posts here so I'm sure you are familiar with YMMV. There is not more accurate statement around here. I like either a Feather or a 7 O'clock with a red tip SS, but others/you may hate that combination. I think the Red Tip is a bit more aggressive than the other SS's so I'd stay away from the sharpest blades if you are having irritation/weepers. Maybe give a Derby a try, that way you still get quality but it's not so sharp that it irritates. You are likely going to get many many different answers on this one.

As SlagleRock said, you will likely not find the same answer in any two responses to your question but, for what it's worth, the red tip is my favorite DE and I usually use the Israeli Personnas, (the blue wrapped ones), in it. I'm not real choosy about blades, I can use a lot of different brands successfully, but I'm not a fan of Feathers.

Regards,
Tom

I got weepers the first time I put a feather in my Red Tip too. I was shocked because I never cut myself anymore. (Feathers just seem to be so thin and sharp to me.) I do like the Derbys, though. I think that the Red Tip is one of the nicest razors out there and haven't used my adjustables for awhile.

I second the suggestion for using a medium sharp blade, such as Derby's, Personna red box, or Crystals in your razor. Save the feathers, kai's and astra's for milder razors. It took me a lot of weepers to come to this conclusion for the way I shave...

LOL! NOW I'm the Razor Rajah!

Last edited:
Top Bottom