What's new

RazoRock Superslant views, reviews, and shaves

@Iridian c'mn brother. We're waiting for that shave report. Not that I'm tempted to buy... Not tempted at all...

Screenshot_20221215_074356.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Iridian c'mn brother. We're waiting for that shave report. Not that I'm tempted to buy... Not tempted at all...
I am expecting delivery within the next 3 hours. :) L3-plate.

But I am extremely busy in the Emperor's service, the "Season of Escalation" is live in Inquisitor Martyr. I am playing a Sister of Battle character that hopefully doesn't need shaving.

I will give you a quick report tonight and compare it to the Wunderbar!

Evening everyone,

I have never owned a Wunderbar but have shaved with just about every razor available. I have been using the Superslant daily for almost two weeks now, alternating between the L2 and L3 plates.

Hi Rob,
How would you compare the SS to the R41 in terms of closeness of the shave?
Cheers mate

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am intrigued by the new superslant but utterly confused about the various configurations and where they fit with regard to efficiency and aggressiveness compared to other razors. If my current favorite razors are the Lupo .95OC, Dart and Christopher Bradley G safety bar, which Superslant best matches those razors?
Take a look at their BBS model. It's a bit a stretch, but the BBS, BBS-A and BBS-AS have a similar style of baseplate modification as the L1,2,3 with + and ++. The A is my favorite, the "S" step for the AS adds more aggression than efficiency, imo.

I only have the Wunderbar and the L3, and they do NOT compare to them. It's an entirely different feeling and type of shave. No, that's not a lazy excuse for not trying harder, it is a very torqued helical slant, it is really an entirely different beast.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
SuperSlant L3 / Feather
SSL3.jpg

I replaced the UFO handle with the longer Alpha Viper. Not because the UFO is bad, I just prefer a bit longer handles and the Alpha Viper was also my preferred handle for the Wunderbar.

So, how does it compare? I will do a side-by-side soon, today I was too busy purging demons and heretics in a Warhammer game (Inquisitor Martyr, Season of Escalation) and even decided to shave before taking a bath. I have to get rid of demonic filth, after all, but you deserve a report.

Without much blabla: I was wrong!

1. The L3 shaves steep and is much easier to handle than the Wunderbar, which rides rather the cap.
2. The blade is felt lightly, it has way better feedback both audibly and tactile than the Wunderbar
3. Despite claims by Razorock, this L3 plate seems to be quite a bit milder than the Wunderbar.
4. Efficiency was stellar, but I am not sure if it goes as deep as the Wunderbar. Will see in a side by side.
5. I like it very much. It challenges my Timeless Slim OC and the Wunderbar for the crown.
6. When the blade is pressed into the cap, use two fingers to push it down, if you should have problems loading. The sound the blade makes is rather little, the blades in the Wunderbar were heard more when they got twisted.
7. I had a small weeper between lower lip and chin.
8. Had to clean up the jawlines, a common problem area for me, a bit more so when using the Wunderbar and this one.
9. Cleaned up under the nostrils much easier and better than the Wunderbar, as it has a steeper ideal angle.

Now I wonder how the + and ++ plates are. Given my experiences with the BBS series, I liked the BBS-A the most, the BBS-AS with its "step" is similarly milled into the bar as the ++ plates for the Superslant. So I must warn @Shaun asleep that the L2++ might perhaps not be as nice as the L3. The hidden champion of the Superslants could, at least for me, be the + plates and not the ++ plates.

@Medivh will love this head. No other razor clamps down better than this one.
@Guido75 so far I think it beats the Wunderbar, much easier to use and better feedback.
@ClumsyBull I know what you will be thinking when reading this, how about some gentlemanly restraint till end of January? Shipping over xmas is risky, and the L3 plate seems out anyways.

Verdict: A steep-shaving Wunderbar with most of its characteristics, but easier to use due to better feedback. Feels safer to use. :a17:

That is a very nice pairing with that handle! Makes it more appealing to me!

So more effective than a Timeless Slim? Okay…hmmm…I do not have any slants yet. This one is really torking that blade. Interested in a shave by shave.

And you immediately went with a Feather? Brave man!

Guido

Thanks @Iridian , I am confused about the + and ++ ratings. Guessing the l2 would be a better fit. But I'm not buying. Not entirely convinced, considering the price tag. Though the earlier comparison between the Konsul and the positieve reviews almost makes me want to order one.

Very curious to me is that I can't find any youtube reviews of these yet. Whats up with that??!

Thanks @Iridian , I am confused about the + and ++ ratings. Guessing the l2 would be a better fit. But I'm not buying. Not entirely convinced, considering the price tag. Though the earlier comparison between the Konsul and the positieve reviews almost makes me want to order one.

Very curious to me is that I can't find any youtube reviews of these yet. Whats up with that??!
It is hot off the presses and has only been available for maybe a week or two (I think).

Basically it progresses in “aggressiveness” from L1 to L3.

RR says the L2++ and L3 are closest to the WB in efficiency but are more smooth than the WB.

I can attest that the L2++ feels less likely to bite compared to the WB.

The + and ++ have the top of the guide bar machined with a cut to lower it away from the blade to increase the gap.

I do not have a L3 base to compare but my assumption is there is more blade reveal on the L3 naturally without the cut.

The L3 is currently the most aggressive.

If I am missing something here folks yall correct me.

SuperSlant L3 / Feather
View attachment 1572617
I replaced the UFO handle with the longer Alpha Viper. Not because the UFO is bad, I just prefer a bit longer handles and the Alpha Viper was also my preferred handle for the Wunderbar.

So, how does it compare? I will do a side-by-side soon, today I was too busy purging demons and heretics in a Warhammer game (Inquisitor Martyr, Season of Escalation) and even decided to shave before taking a bath. I have to get rid of demonic filth, after all, but you deserve a report.

Without much blabla: I was wrong!

1. The L3 shaves steep and is much easier to handle than the Wunderbar, which rides rather the cap.
2. The blade is felt lightly, it has way better feedback both audibly and tactile than the Wunderbar
3. Despite claims by Razorock, this L3 plate seems to be quite a bit milder than the Wunderbar.
4. Efficiency was stellar, but I am not sure if it goes as deep as the Wunderbar. Will see in a side by side.
5. I like it very much. It challenges my Timeless Slim OC and the Wunderbar for the crown.
6. When the blade is pressed into the cap, use two fingers to push it down, if you should have problems loading. The sound the blade makes is rather little, the blades in the Wunderbar were heard more when they got twisted.
7. I had a small weeper between lower lip and chin.
8. Had to clean up the jawlines, a common problem area for me, a bit more so when using the Wunderbar and this one.
9. Cleaned up under the nostrils much easier and better than the Wunderbar, as it has a steeper ideal angle.

Now I wonder how the + and ++ plates are. Given my experiences with the BBS series, I liked the BBS-A the most, the BBS-AS with its "step" is similarly milled into the bar as the ++ plates for the Superslant. So I must warn @Shaun asleep that the L2++ might perhaps not be as nice as the L3. The hidden champion of the Superslants could, at least for me, be the + plates and not the ++ plates.

@Medivh will love this head. No other razor clamps down better than this one.
@Guido75 so far I think it beats the Wunderbar, much easier to use and better feedback.
@ClumsyBull I know what you will be thinking when reading this, how about some gentlemanly restraint till end of January? Shipping over xmas is risky, and the L3 plate seems out anyways.

Verdict: A steep-shaving Wunderbar with most of its characteristics, but easier to use due to better feedback. Feels safer to use. :a17:
Hey dude. Its really not up to me :) According to Razorock, the next shipment is 6 weeks away. So yeah, definitely January or beyond

Another shave down.

The razor performed well again by riding more on the bar. Once this blade is done I will try a Feather as an experiment.

I as an example of one, I do not get the same idea that there is more audible feedback from this razor compared to the Wunderbar (Just as a point of reference, not an argument).

It is intriguing at the moment but I won’t be selling my WB or Fine.

Choices are good.

1671185886946.jpeg

Last edited:
Tried the L3 for the first time. Very smooth comfortable shave. Efficient. I usually cover the same area multiple times during a shave, but with the L3 I had to keep adding soap because each stroke cleared the area to bare skin, no residual soap left. Ended with a great shave, no misses, no nicks, no irritation. The L3 is a winner.

Shave #5 with L2++ done. same results as past, supurb. Using the sme process as past, wash/cream/shave smooth with 2 pass WTG then XTG. Next shave will be XTG first, see If I can get by with one pass.

Pacific Coast cream
Personna blue

For those looking for WB to SS shape comparison, here is image from original thread - SS L2++ cap with WB Base -
1671219211027.png

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Damn... I am almost falling asleep. But shaved nevertheless. So much easier than the Wunderbar to use. So much safer. So much better. Massively impressed!

The right slant to convert people who don't believe in slants. This one is magic. Will try the other L3 plates when they are available and must say it isn't aggressive or likely to cut. Doesn't require good technique either.

😀👍

Top Bottom