What's new

Razor Holder?

Can any of you gents suggest a good display rack for DE razors?

I was thinking of going to a tobacco store & looking @ pipe racks. Other than that, I'm coming up empty. And forget about DIY constructions -- living in a small NYC apt. isn't exactly conducive to collecting shaving stuff, let alone carpentry tools.

Besides, I'd probably cut my thumb off.

Dey took my thumb, Chahlie! Dey took my thumb!*

*Bonus points if you can name the movie & the actor. :biggrin:

how about a piece of pegboard? When I had an apartment I hung mine on nails. Two nails spaced enough apart that the handle fit between then the head would rest on top. I'm cheap.:redface:

how about a piece of pegboard? When I had an apartment I hung mine on nails. Two nails spaced enough apart that the handle fit between then the head would rest on top. I'm cheap.:redface:

Yeah ...

It's practical, but somehow ... I don't think my wife would be too happy with a piece of pegboard hanging in her bathroom. From a purely functional point it would definitely work, but I think she'd :behead:

Thanks for trying.

I know some people to go target and pick up towel hanger, I believe they are. They look like 2 fingers giving the piece sign that are curved. They will hold a razor pretty well and I think they work with adhesive rather than nails.

I am currently using an old wood stand that had like a men's manicure set or something from the wal-mart christmas stuff. It's about 2.5 x 3.5, and about 4 inches tall, came with scissors, nail clippers, file, etc, even mustache wax, i took my drill and enlargenated the holes and now have my 38C, Tech, and Krona conventiently ready for action....now, I have no idea what I'm going to do once I add to the lineup my Fatboy, my black handle Super Speed, ......

Bed, Bath & Beyond toothbrush holder.

Seriously.

It might only hold four razors, but really, who owns more than FOUR razors?!

:out:

Bed, Bath & Beyond toothbrush holder.

Seriously.

It might only hold four razors, but really, who owns more than FOUR razors?!

:out:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I use to think that, but then I stumbled across an antique store in the town I work in....the lady has 3 boxes of shaving stuff that her uncle left in a house he used for storage some 20 years ago...she's only found one so far, I'm waiting for the others....

BTW, I looked for the BB&B tooth brush holder mentioned before, couldn't find it; there was also a mention awhile back of one at TJ Maxx (?) and didn't find it either - it included a razor and brush

Vintage pipe racks are readily found in antique shops for 10-15 bucks, and work well for displaying or storing uncased razors.

A local antique store has tons of pipe racks, pretty inexpensive, all vintage looking. I would check your antique stores in addition to tobacco shops. If they made pipe holders that could hold 75-100 pipes, I would probably get one for my razors. :wink:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned spoon racks yet. If you search old posts, you'll find pictures of spoon racks that guys have repurposed as razor racks. They hang on the wall, so you're not taking up counter space, and depending on the design, they can hold quite a few. Just be careful when you're shopping for them, as some I've seen have spacing too tight for razors to fit.

How about making one. I knocked mine together in about an hour from a piece of scrap.

proxy.php

Looks nice Ray. Where did you get the Gillette sign for it? Is it tin? I may do something like this, if you don't mind me infringing on your patents... :wink:

Looks nice Ray. Where did you get the Gillette sign for it? Is it tin? I may do something like this, if you don't mind me infringing on your patents... :wink:

Sure, go for it...I picked up the wooden sign off the bay for a couple bucks. I thought it was a good place to hang it.

Top Bottom