What's new

The R41, Fatip and Pearl: A shaving guide to the three most aggressive safety razors

I have both the 2011 R41 and the chinese Futur clone. I use the latter wide open and it still does not shave as close as the 2011 R41 based on how long the BBS shave lasts. It does expose more blade at the edge and does not forgive any mistakes, but despite that is not quite the equal of the 2011. It is fun to use though because it is sooo loud.

Must get me a Tech to compare.
When you say open all the way you mean #6 correct? you know you can keep on opening more right? I shaved with mine on setting #10 and I decided never to do it again because it didn't felt right, didn't cut my self but just felt wrong.

proxy.php

:lol:

When you say open all the way you mean #6 correct? you know you can keep on opening more right? I shaved with mine on setting #10 and I decided never to do it again because it didn't felt right, didn't cut my self but just felt wrong.

I run it past the 6 marking, probably around the 7 equivalent. Any more than that and I find the shave deteriorates probably because of lack of support for the blade. Somewhat like my findings with a devette; doesn't shave as well as the Futur clone or R41 but at least with the Futur clone I don't get the same blade chatter.

I really enjoyed the OP; nice job Polarbeard!

I would add the Global Shave R41+ to this list also- I am able to use Feathers and SI's in it which I never use in either of the R41's. The Pearl is another winner also; I like it's looks slightly over the R41+ and I am able to use Feathers and SI's in it too.

marty

Top Bottom