What's new

Friday Night SE Razor Fight: Galco Classic Cobra vs Blackland Vector....

@GlazedBoker I know you are a fan of the Dart. I've never used a SE, but I've read the Vector is milder. Can you compare the two? Is the Vector a good place to start for AC style razors?

@GlazedBoker I know you are a fan of the Dart. I've never used a SE, but I've read the Vector is milder. Can you compare the two? Is the Vector a good place to start for AC style razors?

Absolutely. Without question I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Vector to a beginner to a seasoned wet shaving veteran. It's right at the sweet spot in terms of finding the middle ground in smoothness, comfort, ease of use and efficiency. I know that nearly $200 is a big jump for many, even $100 is no small feat for a qiality razor. But, considering the times we live in and the ever increasing costs in just about everything, I believe the Vector is worth the investment. Quality construction that is precisely done in a high quality alloy. Backed by an American Artisan Manufacturer that does ALL of his processing from start to finish right here in the gold old USA. And it will last a lifetime if you decide you are one and done in the SE razor market. (Good luck with that one.)

The feel between the Vector and Dart is perceptible in that they both exhibit very good efficiency and very similar smoothness. I feel that the Vector feels a bit more milder yet, it feels perhaps a bit more efficient. I also feel a little bit more of the blade but, in a real good way if that makes sense. They are both phenomenal performers in my book.

As a side note, there's a 30 day try and ride policy with Blackland. You can't lose really.

Absolutely. Without question I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Vector to a beginner to a seasoned wet shaving veteran. It's right at the sweet spot in terms of finding the middle ground in smoothness, comfort, ease of use and efficiency. I know that nearly $200 is a big jump for many, even $100 is no small feat for a qiality razor. But, considering the times we live in and the ever increasing costs in just about everything, I believe the Vector is worth the investment. Quality construction that is precisely done in a high quality alloy. Backed by an American Artisan Manufacturer that does ALL of his processing from start to finish right here in the gold old USA. And it will last a lifetime if you decide you are one and done in the SE razor market. (Good luck with that one.)

The feel between the Vector and Dart is perceptible in that they both exhibit very good efficiency and very similar smoothness. I feel that the Vector feels a bit more milder yet, it feels perhaps a bit more efficient. I also feel a little bit more of the blade but, in a real good way if that makes sense. They are both phenomenal performers in my book.

As a side note, there's a 30 day try and ride policy with Blackland. You can't lose really.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm leaning towards it, but trying not to fall into the SE hole.

@J 5 the Vector is a great razor to start trying an SE IMO. It is smooth, enough blade feel to let you know what you are doing, extremely maneuverable and backed by Shane who gives excellent customer service. I sold my Rx after using the Vector and Paradigm

Top Bottom