What's new

Rapt_up DE shaving journal - The journey begins

Have been shaving pretty much daily with the EraLupo, and getting good shaves. Had a couple BBS shaves, one have very little stubble present after 24 hrs, less than I use to have after 8 hrs with a cartridge razor.

Nacet is less efficient than the Bic CP blades,but both give great shaves, readily lasting 10 days or more. I just did a couple days and ongoing with German Wilkinson Sword blade. First shave very smooth, next shave very smooth but a pretty good weeper on a raise bump on my face. Didn't feel it. Not sure why the Wilkinson Sword does this, it ifs because it gets radically sharper after the first shave, or because the blade is slightly thicker and turns out more rigid, or causes a higher gap due to the stiffness.
Either way a perfectly suitable blade and shave with the right care.

Still love the RR Plissoft 400, and PAA CK-6 soap is the slickest on the skin that I have been using, even when very wet and thin lather. Gentleman's Nod Musashi is second, and SW soaps I love the names and idea but seem to be less slick, and leave my skin feeling dryer. I suspect its the hardness of my water, which is quite hard. Also I find a lot of the SW scents to be less appealing, many have this weird mustiness behind them like I have talked about before, I quite like Labryinth though, because it doesn't seem to have it. Samhain is good as well.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Welcome back, @Rapt_up !

I was thinking you had found your winning team and am glad that’s what was going on.

If the CK-6 is your top performer and your skin or sinuses don’t seek revenge for scented soaps, they’ve got enough scents to keep you going for years.

Been still using the Era-Lupo and Bic or Nacet blades. Had some great BBS shaves this week with a Nacet, and CK-6 soap. Have shifted to shaving after my shower. I pre-soften with a kelp moisturizer and then shower, and then shave after that. Single Across the grain for rushed days, and three pass for when I have time.

The wife has fallen for SW Samhain sampler I have. Need to find some. Meanwhile PA Solstice and Megaflora have been my main go tos.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thank you checking in, @Rapt_up !

I bought the Samhain EdT because Wifey likes the scent, but my skin thinks even their unscented soap (Incorporeal) is too spicy.

So some new items in my daily shave, playing with PAA scents. Really love Solstice, enjoying Megaflora. But the nig news today was two things.
1) my razor was an update of my Franken Lupo-Era but with the new 127 SB plate... Seems like a very efficient single pass shave to save time. Was a bit careful, using a blade with a couple weeks shaves on it, and being cautious, but still a smooth easy shave. Might be my new fave, with the DC version becoming my travel razor.
2) I got and used a RR 400 XXL brush .. holy crap this thing is HUGE... makes the regular 400 seem small. Much larger than the pictures or stats make it seem. 34mm diam instead of 24... effectively this has twice the volume of bristles that a regular 400 has. So much foamy goodness... LOL

Top Bottom