What's new

Proraso Revisited - Is Proraso Only For Beginners? NOT Necessarily.

I wish Proraso made a true Lavender cream and soap, fragranced with pure Lavender Oil. Honestly, I do not understand why they do not do it. Tuscany is famous in Italy for the richness and abundance of Lavender plants. Anyway, should that happen one day, I already know which would be my new favourite.
That brings up the mental image of sitting in front of a small cafe in some small Tuscan village on a sunny summer afternoon overlooking said fields as the breeze drifts past carrying the scent of lavender. Maybe a glass of wine and cheese plate

I don't recall seeing a lot of hate for Proraso products recently, but I could be wrong. For me their products fall into the "mediocre" category. They do a decent job but nothing to write on the forums about.
Lather is okay, I don't think there is something to complain about. But scent wise, I think they could be improved. I am currently going though a blue tube and that one is so far the only one which I am okay with, scent wise (tried blue, red and white).

I wish Proraso made a true Lavender cream and soap, fragranced with pure Lavender Oil
Oh, that would be awesome! A hard soap with pure lavender oil would be a home runner for me!

Sir, I was talking about a soft cream and a soft soap - which is what they already produce. Only once Proraso in the past made a hard soap in stick shape, but it was not successful.
Yes, I am aware you were referring to the cream and (soft) soap. I was saying that if they will introduce a hard soap (therefore a completely new product) using pure lavender oil, then I would definitely give it a try. I do believe Proraso can manufacture a hard soap if they would really want to, although I suspect manufacturing soft soaps makes more sense for their business.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yes, I am aware you were referring to the cream and (soft) soap. I was saying that if they will introduce a hard soap (therefore a completely new product) using pure lavender oil, then I would definitely give it a try. I do believe Proraso can manufacture a hard soap if they would really want to, although I suspect manufacturing soft soaps makes more sense for their business.
Sir, your reasoning is sound and makes sense. Thank you for clarifying. My guess is that they simply want to stick with what they have always done and done perfectly.

Proraso performs well in my opinion. The only issue i have is all the soap scum it leaves in the sink and on the razors. The post shave skin feel afterwards compared to more premium soaps is also a drawback.
The price is hard to beat though.
Their single edge series was much better in my opinion. I think this was discontinued. I loved the Azure lime single edge cream.

I love them all. Creams and soaps. No soap scum here. I do have a water softener at home but Proraso is my travel cream and I have never experienced it on the road either.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
After a long time today I used again the Red preshave and shaving cream. What a magnificent combo! The scent is the best Sandalwood I've ever found, so pure and relaxing. The Red is truly one of the best choices out there for the cold days of the Fall/Winter season.

I have the Red and Green tubes in my bathroom and both are getting used regularly at the moment. I have been through a few tubs of Green in the past, but agree that the cream performs better for some reason.

There are products out there that might edge out Proraso in one category of another, but as an all-rounder it really does everything I could ask for. Also, none of the Prorasos cause me a skin reaction, which is obviously important and makes it something I can rely on. I rather find myself looking sideways at folks who claim that it's unusable compared to modern artisan stuff - it tells me I need to take their opinions on other matters with a pinch of salt!

The smell of Proraso Green is an absolute classic to me - instantly evocative of traditional wet shaving!

And I'm still dreaming of a Proraso Purple, with true Lavender Oil... :001_wub:

That would be amazing! :001_tt1:

I occasionally use Ach Brito Lavanda which is a nice cream, but I probably prefer the lathering qualities of Proraso overall.

Are you reading this, Proraso? A lavender cream with matching splash would be sheer perfection!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Back to the Ever-Green today. Performance is top-notch, as you would expect from any Proraso. Scent is so exquisite that it almost causes addiction... :001_wub:

20220617_120211.jpg

Top Bottom