What's new

PIF Giveaway Game (Round 6) - I miss Christmas!

Kidding! Well I'm sure glad you participated in this one. I wouldn't have realized you were a Brother if you hadn't!

I'm hoping the box arrives today, otherwise it'll sit at the post office until next week. I won't be able to open it either way until next week. I've got a long busy weekend ahead of me.

But that should give everyone else a bit more time to get in on the Bonus PIF!

I'm hoping the box arrives today, otherwise it'll sit at the post office until next week. I won't be able to open it either way until next week. I've got a long busy weekend ahead of me.

But that should give everyone else a bit more time to get in on the Bonus PIF!
Follow it here.

The box has landed!

I've got a really busy night, and a very long weekend ahead of me, and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get to the box until next week. But I didn't want to keep you all waiting, so I came home a little early to meet the mail lady. So I could get the box in hand (I don't have them leave boxes if I'm not home, so there's no chance of boxes getting stolen) and open it up!

First off, when I opened the box, I was greeted by cool pet. I put it in there initially to give Jessy the heebie-jeebies. Nice that she made the whole trip!

Then upon sifting through the biodegradable peanuts, I found the two unwrapped gifts below:

proxy.php

Love Them! The Spidey coffee cup will get much use. I drink a cup every morning. I've been curious about the sea salt soap as well. It smells great. It says it is for the shower or for a shave. I think I've read it isn't too great for the shave (anyone used it as such?). But I love a good bar of soap for the shower, so I'm set either way.

Next, I was looking at the 4 wrapped gifts, and one immediately grabbed my attention.

proxy.php

Good things come in small packages right? I realized the clue was written in German, but I was too anxious to open it to bother translating that first. My brain thought Schrade, which is a brand of US made knife, so I was initially thinking a knife, but knew it probably wasn't. This is what I found:

proxy.php

It is a Lutz brand, German made, vintage, slant DE razor, and a pack of Lutz blades. I have a Merkur slant, and a Pomco slant. This three piece model is very light compared to those, and I'm wondering if it might make it a little less aggressive than the others (which would be a good thing). Can't wait to try this one out!

And the clue... Schräge? Turn out it means "slant" in German!

The next package that piqued my interest was this one:

proxy.php

At first glance I thought it said Old Roaches! After I rubbed my eyes, I realized my error. Old Rockers? Are we talking about Led Zeppelin? Rolling Stones? The Beatles, perhaps? Well after further thought, I realized it must have something to do with one of our favorite vendors, in this thread at least. I didn't want to miss out on that, so I gave it a whirl.

proxy.php

The "Old" is from the Gillette Old Type. A very nice cased specimen. It will be a nice display piece and a great shaver! And of course, the "Rockers" are a pair of RazoRocks. Nonno Michelino and No. 888 Eucaluptus. Never used these before and can't wait to try them out.

I will leave the bonus PIF open until I return next week and am able to ship the remaining two packages off to the winner.

Gents, I just want to add what a pleasure it has been to be a part of this pass. You all made it great! We had no issues of the box getting stalled (beyond reason), and the box never went missing or unaccounted for! The thoughtfulness of the gifts and the generosity of the brothers here is truly amazing. And the addition of the bonus gifts took off and became an amazing enhancement to the pass. This is now round 6 in the giveaway games, and it is definitely one of, if not the, most successful of the passes. I've had much fun and cannot wait to pass these two gifts off to someone else to enjoy.

Oh, and wasn't there some other box I needed to send out???

Last edited:
KJ, this has been one of the most interesting and coolest boxes that I've been apart of. To me the two best things about it have been the guys involved and the theme itself. Unique and fun with no boring picks. I can't wait for a 7th pass down the road.

I'm glad your pet made it all the way back home. I just want to thank you for putting this together. If you do put another one together, message me and I'll gladly send you some stuff to add to it to start it off.

Oh yeah, let us know what you think of those two RazoRock soaps. They both sound interesting.

First off, when I opened the box, I was greeted by cool pet. I put it in there initially to give Jessy the heebie-jeebies. Nice that she made the whole trip!
Newbie jeebies received, sir.

Sounds like jbradley is one of those guys who yells "I'm in!" a month after the PIF closes because the thread got bumped. :lol:

Oh, and wasn't there some other box I needed to send out???

I'm in!

Just finished reading this from start to finish lol, what a great idea and awesome turnout! I can't wait to be a sort of something like this down the road.

As far as the bonus PIF I'm in! Thanks for the generosity.

I'm super curious to see what's in the boxes that were passed on! They both went through at least 4 of us if not more. It's like the old game show, "Lets have a look behind the doors you didn't choose"! :biggrin1:

Based on the clues, I have plenty of what I believe is in both. But they should make someone else very happy!

Yup, KJ - this pass was fantastic and a lot of fun - thanks! But, I was thinking: that should come as no surprise, because the participants were all gentlemen from B&B!

Top Bottom