What's new

Pic of the week!

Friday night was nice and clear, so I was able to mess around with my first night-sky shots. I grabbed this one of the full "honey moon", turned out better than I expected it to! Taken with a Canon 70-300 (at 300mm) IS USM and a t4i. I used my new TriggerTrap - a nifty app and dongle that turns a phone into a remote trigger. I'll happily welcome feedback on this one!!

proxy.php

Looks great to me! One could study the moon with this photo. Keep up the good work.

Friday night was nice and clear, so I was able to mess around with my first night-sky shots. I grabbed this one of the full "honey moon", turned out better than I expected it to! Taken with a Canon 70-300 (at 300mm) IS USM and a t4i. I used my new TriggerTrap - a nifty app and dongle that turns a phone into a remote trigger. I'll happily welcome feedback on this one!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

VERY NICE INDEED!
I play around with this all the time, but my only means of picture taking is the cam on my smart phone. Which isn't 'horrible'...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Patterson Park, Baltimore, MD

proxy.php

Henryton Hospital, Mariottsville, MD

proxy.php

The Francis Scott Key Bridge, Baltimore, MD

These are some of the favorites I've taken :)

Tonight was a good clear night, so the wife and I went up to Boulevard East to take some shots.

Those of you unfamiliar with the northern NJ area (most of you, I imagine), JFK Boulevard East is a road that runs along the top of a tall cliff, giving unobstructed views of the NY Skyline. It is, in my opinion, the very best place to view the city; better views than Brooklyn or Queens.

We brought the tripod, so I was having fun playing with long exposure times. Here's a 30 second exposure:

Attachments

• $IMG_2708.jpg
    $IMG_2708.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 150
Tonight was a good clear night, so the wife and I went up to Boulevard East to take some shots.

Those of you unfamiliar with the northern NJ area (most of you, I imagine), JFK Boulevard East is a road that runs along the top of a tall cliff, giving unobstructed views of the NY Skyline. It is, in my opinion, the very best place to view the city; better views than Brooklyn or Queens.

We brought the tripod, so I was having fun playing with long exposure times. Here's a 30 second exposure:

Beautiful lighting and colors

proxy.php

I WISH I could take a picture of the moon or other space entities this well. Did you have any type of telescope, or just a long zoom on that camera?

Man, looking at this thread reminds me of the days I used to spend in the dark room in college.

I WISH I could take a picture of the moon or other space entities this well. Did you have any type of telescope, or just a long zoom on that camera?

Man, looking at this thread reminds me of the days I used to spend in the dark room in college.

Didn't take much, just had a 70-300 zoom attached to the t4i with a remote trigger!

Top Bottom