What's new

🥶 ❄️ ⛄️ 🧊 SOTD - “Winter" Theme Week - November 28th, 2022 to December 3rd, 2022 🥶 ❄️ ⛄️ 🧊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocnel Sailor / PolSilver / Tabac / Trotter Handcrafts / Pinaud Clubman 💯 😎

5FE4CA44-BBDC-421E-99BC-4329A8795A91.jpeg

4 December, 2022

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra: Gredos on my Mind (another new soap)
Fragrance: Sahraa Oud by Fragrance Du Bois

continuing my 'new soap' journey with Los Jabones de Joserra: Gredos on my Mind, and... Oh my days! another one that far exceeded my expectations. Volumes of thick, cushiony lather, superb protection, with superb glide and slickness. Post shave is excellent. One of those shaves that feels like you forgot to put the blade in. It's moments like these that make shaving a real hoot! Finished off with Sahraa. It doesn't get much better than this.

Razor: Parker adjustable injector
Blade: Schick (11)
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari cashmere
Bowl: Captain’s Choice copper
Lather: PAA Black Shroud
Witch Hazel
Aftershave: PAA Black Shroud

DFS/DFS+ is a good enough shave for me. The shave was pleasant and I managed to shave my upper lip without re-opening a nick from a couple of days ago.

360CABA9-1221-4B00-82C8-85B540C2D55A.jpeg

20221203_085635.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior Traveller Set
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

2DDC522B-5C78-41C5-A734-F4565EBC5E8A.jpeg

Single Edge Sunday / Winter Week / DecemBoar

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Type M2 "Adjustable by Schick" Injector Razor
Blade: sChick Injector

Soap: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red

Today's shave went very well. Again, I followed a with-the-grain pass with an across-the-grain pass on my face and an against-the-grain pass on my neck.

I feel like I'm getting a little better using the straight razor with each go around and am advancing with using it for more angles and passes. It's a journey to say the least. I'm having a good time with it all so this learning experience has been an enjoyable one.

I followed up the straight razor usage with a Schick Type M2 Injector razor using a brand new sChick blade. This thing is a real joy to use. It's smooth, efficient and super easy to use. I had the dial set to 4 which is right in the middle of its adjustable and proceeded to do my final against-the-grain pass.

With the Omega boar and the Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red soap I whipped up some glorious lather. Oh man, let me tell you, the scent on this one is just flat out a 10 / 10! On a personal level, I just love this one and don't ever want to be without it. Mmm. It's just heavenly to me.

I finished things off with some matching aftershave and EdT and am as happy as one can be after a glorious Sunday shave while listening to the Beatles.

Alright my good gentlemen, that's it for today. Take care and enjoy your shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom