What's new

Pic of the week!

$stopper.jpg

A window stopper in a medieval village

WOW! this looks really amazing, how did you do this photo?
Friday night was nice and clear, so I was able to mess around with my first night-sky shots. I grabbed this one of the full "honey moon", turned out better than I expected it to! Taken with a Canon 70-300 (at 300mm) IS USM and a t4i. I used my new TriggerTrap - a nifty app and dongle that turns a phone into a remote trigger. I'll happily welcome feedback on this one!!

Not a SOTD pic, was just going through my archives and found this old pic I liked. I PIF'd the razor to a newb a couple years ago...

proxy.php

-Xander

In southern Oregon it's been horribly hot and muggy - 100 degree days - with a smattering of thunder and lightning storms which have brought scores of wildfires in the local mountains. Not the most pleasant weather in the world. But on some days, when storm clouds gather, the sense of light which comes down is so amazing that people pull their cars over to the side of the road and stop and just get out and stare at the gather clouds. The addition of smoke from nearby fires and the first darker tinges of an approaching sunset make for a great image -

I took this the other day on my street in Talent, Oregon, the small rural town I live in, maybe 10 minutes before the storm broke.

July sky by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

For those who are into technical details, it was taken with my compact Lumix LX7, a semi-pocketable camera that's a fine photographic tool in its own right.

Not the best pic in the world but how often do you get to see a flower like this? If wondering, its a Spider lily in my koi pond. First time its bloomed in the 4 years ive been growing it.

$20140723_193946-1.jpg

While touring the Vatican, the crowd parted and I saw this nun, kneeling in prayer. I only had a moment to frame the shot. While it is grainy, in some ways, I like it this way.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 117
Still on the road right now, so have no way to upload pics from the camera (no laptop with us or anything), but here's an iPhone pic I took yesterday at Bryce Canyon.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408472675.524634.jpg

There are a lot of great photos in this thread, a lot of good talent. Here is a humble submission for your consideration.
$_MG_0080.jpg

Top Bottom