What's new

🥶 ❄️ ⛄️ 🧊 SOTD - “Winter" Theme Week - November 28th, 2022 to December 3rd, 2022 🥶 ❄️ ⛄️ 🧊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday December 2 - SOTD

DSC_4917 (2).JPG

Fatip Open Comb Slant
Astra SS (2)
Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Floid The Genuine

Saturday December 03, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
IMG_1782.jpg

Sat 3
Soap & Aftershave Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Friedr Herder Abr Sohn 77
Super creamy lather from the soap with a pleasant scent augmented by the matching splash. The brush is just amazing...super soft! Today's shave with this excellent razor was just awesome! The edge was keenly crisp, smooth, and comfortable after stroping on the 0.1 balsa & Kanayama (still not confident to refresh on stones). 3passes for an improved dfs-ccs finish...
20221203_105900.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C5A822B1-521E-460E-9D26-4DCDC200DCD0.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Israel: Shaving Cream Israeli Menthol Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 3rd December 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
Razor: (Face) Merkur 37C. - Gillette Wilkinson sword. (Saloon Pack) (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Schick G type Injector - Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D2)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water face & head rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Cien X-Bolt ASL + Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

I won't deny the fact that I have a great fondness for Indian made shaving products. The Gillette Wilkinson sword (saloon pack) blades are another no frills honest to blades from the subcontinents they do the job they were designed to do and do it reasonably well i find these blades aren't the sharpest but are very smooth durable and have been consistent and i haven't had any intermittent quality problems with them to date.

As i have a vast amount of various subcontinent blades i will carry only using them for two shaves max then change to another brand to continue with my revisited subcontinent blade focus. The GWS paired up wonderfully with the Merkur 37C making a mild smooth efficient duo.

The Schick G Type Injector performed wonderfully mowing through my head/dome stubble with ease.

The Haslinger Aloe Vera soap provided is such a great performing nice mild fragranced shaving soap which my mature skin loves and creates a good lather in a short space of time leaving a superb post shave feel.

A close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, Feb 3rd 2022

Razor : Yaqi Knights Helmet, Mfg 2019>, aggressive range, I like to use a steep approach(riding the bar) with a short handle gives good results + light touch is required for those stellar results. Experimenting with 2 stacked blades to see how it performs. Found that one side was shaving more aggressive than the other so accuracy of blades positioned is different. 4th time same blade uses in different razors & handling and photo's of these blades indicates time to be binned. Results where still excellent but mostly shaved on the tamed side for comfort & felt good. Check to make blade is clamped tight in handle before starting to shave!
I believe this is Yaqi's most aggressive safety razor they manufacture!
Blade : Gillette Astra SP X2- sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Mitchells wool fat- nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Knights helmet with 2 X Astra SP blades.
SOTD Dec 3 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Brush
B&B LE 2014
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another shave with my Karve razor loaded with a Kai blade. The Karve – Kai combination was perfect. The B&M soap made for a very slick, rich lather. The result was a perfect BBS shave.

20221202_085219.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1917 ABC Pocket Edition #501, Silver Basket Weave
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L in Manchurian badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

12/2/22
Haslinger Honig
Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo, Black Fiber