What's new

Participation PIF - ELIOS Inoxidable Blades

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Received! Hello, just checking in. Came in the mail today...

20200208_163647.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Grundi : How did I miss out on this!?!? Unfortunately, I'm in a one blade challenge for February, so I couldn't use these until March. Also, @GaryTha : are you running the one blade challenge here on B&B? If you are is it too late to join? I've only used one blade this month..... 'course, I've only shaved once! Heart failure, laziness, and retirement make for me lookin' like Don Johnson in "Miami Vice!" lol, exceptin' the fact I'm a little older than he was but twice as good looking!

Alright, thread derailment over, back to work Mods! Nuttin' to see here!

FarmerTan

@Grundi said you can still participate and get the blades now, then you can wait until March to try them out and give your opinion.
He and I ain't exactly on speakin' terms since we have peaked since our "Assured $ Store Razor Challenge" that @GlazedBoker roped us into! Much blood was shed!

I just found some of those Assured blades the other day in the medicine cabinet! Gave me a right fright!

FarmerTan

Ya know, I wonder if all this is legal? Blades crossing all these borders while this new strain of Coronado Cold or virus or whatever is breaking out all over.... What if I lose what little good looks I got left?

@Grundi : How did I miss out on this!?!? Unfortunately, I'm in a one blade challenge for February, so I couldn't use these until March. Also, @GaryTha : are you running the one blade challenge here on B&B? If you are is it too late to join? I've only used one blade this month..... 'course, I've only shaved once! Heart failure, laziness, and retirement make for me lookin' like Don Johnson in "Miami Vice!" lol, exceptin' the fact I'm a little older than he was but twice as good looking!

Alright, thread derailment over, back to work Mods! Nuttin' to see here!

@FarmerTan,

I just posted the rules from last year. Rule 4 says there aren't any rules, so I think you can join.

Received mine!

Gave them a spin today with the my first shave, solid! Sharp but not like Feather or Bic sharp, fairly smooth too. More testing needed but I like em!

@Grundi , the blades just arrived in th Saturday mail. Since I'm in the One Blade February challenge, I'll start the first one on March 1st. I'm looking forward to it. Blades are my Kryptonite. Thanks again.

Blades arrived on Friday and I just had my first shave with it today!
Today's set up was a Star 3 piece razor, a new Elios Inox, Matas Men shave soap (a Danish drug store brand), the Badger & Blade essential boar brush followed with a splash of Avon Spicy. I chose the Star razor because, when loaded with a Nacet, I can routinely get a BBS result with absolutely no irritation.

Pass one was a concern for me too. I felt dragging, irritation, I was very concerned I might nick something. I noticed, however, the blade smoothed out as I went along. By the time I was on my second pass after re-lathering I was gliding along. I didn't find them super sharp. Result after 2 face passes and 3 head passes was a DFS. Cheeks incredibly smooth, neck a bit of stubble and a bit of stubble right above the temples.

I'll be laying off tomorrow and shaving on Monday and report back in if there's any difference in shave #2.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Today's set up was a Star 3 piece razor, a new Elios Inox, Matas Men shave soap (a Danish drug store brand), the Badger & Blade essential boar brush followed with a splash of Avon Spicy. I chose the Star razor because, when loaded with a Nacet, I can routinely get a BBS result with absolutely no irritation.

The older, all brass Star 100 3-piece is a great razor that seems to fly under the radar. 👍

He and I ain't exactly on speakin' terms since we have peaked since our "Assured $ Store Razor Challenge" that @GlazedBoker roped us into! Much blood was shed!

I just found some of those Assured blades the other day in the medicine cabinet! Gave me a right fright!
Oh, @FarmerTan, time heals all wound and I'm...finally...healed up from my Assured blade wounds!! So all's forgiven!!

There is blades to be had. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you 5 ELIOS Inoxidable blades (and maybe my left over Assured blades, just because)!

@FarmerTan,

I just posted the rules from last year. Rule 4 says there aren't any rules, so I think you can join.
Yes, indeed, @GaryTha, even @FarmerTan is welcome to join and do both. After the One-Blade-In-February-Challenge, those participating in both can try the ELIOS blades. I like Rule#4 - there really are no rules, except have fun with these events!!

@FarmerTan, @shotgun233, and @something better, please send me a PM with your mailing addresses, and I get 5 ELIOS Inoxidable (that's a fun word to say and type!!) Blades out to you.

Top Bottom