What's new

Paladin Shaving & Dark Holler Design Works shop journal

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
It's time for another prototype.

Every brush-maker needs a jar. This one looks more Egyptian to us than Persian, so we decided to call it the Tut.

Straight off the lathe a few hours ago; otherwise untouched.

proxy.php

Another great addition to your lineup, but with your limited production, I fear that I will never get my hands on a Lemon Drop Falstaff.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Another great addition to your lineup, but with your limited production, I fear that I will never get my hands on a Lemon Drop Falstaff.

Our long term plan is to leverage scarcity by offering only one brush in each new handle style.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Curse you, Ken. Now there's at least 3 brushes to make me fail the Sabbatical:thumbup:
Love your butterscotch

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Here's another prototype. It makes six new handle styles in a little over a month. This one will be recognized by many as closely resembling a Rooney Style 1, which was also produced by Rooney for other brands (e.g., Olde Apothecary Shop) and has been much copied.

We didn't tinker with it very much. Most significantly, we dropped in the PK-47's concave section below the bead. We think it's a bit more ergonomic. We also went with somewhat finer detailing for the middle bead and groove above the base. They fall about halfway between the original Style 1 and the Stubby (which has more refined features, shared with other Heritage-line handles).

The handle shown below was turned from Somerset rod and has only been very lightly sanded. We're still tweaking the groove.

proxy.php

Here's another prototype. It makes six new handle styles in a little over a month. This one will be recognized by many as closely resembling a Rooney Style 1, which was also produced by Rooney for other brands (e.g., Olde Apothecary Shop) and has been much copied.
I can hear the angels singing in the distance...

This is magic, even for you Ken. :thumbup:

I just found my next brush. Does it come in Lemon Drop?

We didn't tinker with it very much. Most significantly, we dropped in the PK-47's concave section below the bead. We think it's a bit more ergonomic. We also went with somewhat finer detailing for the middle bead and groove above the base. They fall about halfway between the original Style 1 and the Stubby (which has more refined features, shared with other Heritage-line handles).

The handle shown below was turned from Somerset rod and has only been very lightly sanded. We're still tweaking the groove.

proxy.php

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Thanks all for your kind support in this thread. I hope it eventually gains gains some traction and broader interest.

I just found my next brush. Does it come in Lemon Drop?

There will definitely be Lemon Drop.

Top Bottom