What's new

Paladin Shaving & Dark Holler Design Works shop journal

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Turned the first of these over the past week. We haven't named them yet. The beehive has been polished. The other handle just sanded on a lathe.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Lightly sanded but unpolished

proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful handles, Ken. Great additions to your stock. Those knots are killer, as in I'd kill to get one. Does the butterscotch slot in between the PK and Chief, size-wise?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
How do I get one of your brushes? I've been looking for the past few months

We have very limited production capacity. With very rare exceptions, we only sell brushes on our website in small releases of 30-50, which we hope to do about three or four times per month. We post notices of releases here (in a separate, dedicated thread), on our website in the Paladin News blog, and on Twitter and Facebook. So if you follow us in any of those places, you'll know as soon as releases are announced.

Is there a way when looking at the Flickr gallery to tell the knot diameter size? For an item like the Chief that can come in different knot diameters...how can one tell what they're looking at?

nevermind I see that after clicking individually on a brush the expanded photo has the knot diameter listed

Last edited:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Is there a way when looking at the Flickr gallery to tell the knot diameter size? For an item like the Chief that can come in different knot diameters...how can one tell what they're looking at?

nevermind I see that after clicking individually on a brush the expanded photo has the knot diameter listed

It actually isn't the knot diameter that's indicated, but rather the socket (hole) diameter. Knots will have a somewhat smaller base diameter in order to fit properly.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I think we're going to call this one the Buck Rogers, or something along those lines.

Thanks to a friend in SF who loaned us a couple vintage Made Rites to serve inspiration.

Note that this is an unpolished prototype.

proxy.php

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Is that about the dimensions of a Falstaff, or larger? Love my Falstaffs, btw :thumbup1:

That's a 26 mm handle. Height is about 48.5 mm and maximum outside diameter is close to 43 mm. A 26 mm Falstaff is around 46 mm high with a just a hair under 40 mm outside diameter.

Top Bottom