What's new

Paladin Shaving & Dark Holler Design Works shop journal

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
4 brushes to tempt me. Tut, Buck Rogers, Tulip, Rooney Style 1. Must have one of each in Butterscotch. Or Somerset. Or, or, or:001_rolle

[MENTION=49139]ChiefBroom[/MENTION], sorry if you've already answered this but B&B's frustrating search feature won't allow me to search for the word "only". :mad3:
Do you sell only the handle?
By the way, I'd call the Buck Rogers the "Centurion". It reminds me of Roman armor.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
@ChiefBroom, sorry if you've already answered this but B&B's frustrating search feature won't allow me to search for the word "only". :mad3:
Do you sell only the handle?
By the way, I'd call the Buck Rogers the "Centurion". It reminds me of Roman armor.

Great observation and suggestion re the Buck Rogers.

We do not sell handles only. To the best of my knowledge, the only Paladin-engraved handle that has ever been released into the wild without a knot was a 26 mm Butterscotch Falstaff we donated to the Sue Moore auction in 2015. And the winning bidder ended up asking us to install one of our knots in it even though he had to wait close to a year for it. FWIW, I almost always use Google's site-search function for the shaving forums (just append site:badgerandblade.com ​to your query).

Great observation...
Thanks, Ken. That makes sense. After I posted I realized you can't have people buying your handles, putting cheapie knots in, and selling on ebay for more than you charge for a complete brush. I was just hoping you sold unengraved handles. Oh well, the search continues. Congratulations on your success. Those Sumos are really cool.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
The prototype in post #73 has evolved. I'm hoping Bosse won't rebel.

proxy.php

The prototype in post #73 has evolved. I'm hoping Bosse won't rebel.
Certainly not Ken. The form is evolving as it should in a project.

My strong reaction was to the material used in this one. I seem to recognize it; I think it is the same as in the first brush I bought in London in 1980. It was a Chubby1 rebranded as a DR Harris. I have a liking of the Somerset form and material of the Chubbý since those days...

$Paladins1.jpg
24 mm Ebonite and 28 mm jade Falstaffs​

The good news is that one of your 26 mm Lotuses in this material is on its way to my house. It's the one from the BST a few days ago. :001_smile

Last edited:
Top Bottom