What's new

Order of the Kent

I broke out the BK2 last night as it has been kept in the drawer for a while since I got the BLK12. I used it with mwf and I forgot how it is such a great brush. It might be the cheapest in the line but its a cracking little brush.
$image.jpg

Just got my first Kent in the mail today. A vintage V30 Bristle & Badger with a really interesting color imo. I dig the yellow/butterscotch swirl. It's a nifty little brush.

$20140712_221202.jpg

$20140712_221231.jpg

$20140712_221429.jpg

Just picked this Kent V6 from the 'bay. I cant find any details for it online anywhere, anybody have any idea on its age?
I havn't cleaned it or anything yet, I literally opened the parcel and got straight to BB ha.

I started a thread in the wrong forum about these puppies and it was suggested I check this forum out. I just have, what would seem to be, a simple question. Will someone please tell me what the bristles are in the VS-30 (white handle) and VS-60 (black handle) brushes? I emailed Kent customer service and here is the reply I received:

"The VS30 & 60 are filled with bristle with a badger effect - not real badger hair."

So am I to assume that the bristles are boar or synthetic?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Just picked this Kent V6 from the 'bay. I cant find any details for it online anywhere, anybody have any idea on its age?
I havn't cleaned it or anything yet, I literally opened the parcel and got straight to BB ha.

Sweet looking brush very simalr diamentions to these two of mine,

attachment.php

However I think your may be badger? As for the colour, well. The pictured V30 is all ready turning more yellow than ivory / white and Kent reckons it only from the mid 90's. So going on the age versus colour. If in say 20 years a handle can go from white to yellow then by my maths in 40 it should bea ble to go from yellow to somehwere butter scotch. So with a pintch of salt I rekon your brush is somewhere in the late 60's . But please dont quote me.

Last edited:
Musikman welcome to the gang over here. I must confess I've been looking at one of the 'V' series boar to either re-knot or keep as a modern boar, all my Kent boars are older ones. As for the re-knot, I'm so impressed with my Kent BK 2.1 silver tip re-knot I'm thinking why not. Oh and they are boar bristles in answer to your question.

Sweet looking brush very simalr diamentions to these two of mine,

However I think your may be badger? As for the colour, well. The pictured V30 is all ready turning more yellow than ivory / white and Kent reckons it only from the mid 90's. So going on the age versus colour. If in say 20 years a handle can go from white to yellow then by my maths in 40 it should bea ble to go from yellow to somehwere butter scotch. So with a pintch of salt I rekon your brush is somewhere in the late 60's . But please dont quote me.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking maybe 70's but thats an uneducated guess.... I know nuffin. I too think they are badger too. Hopefuly in the not too distant future they will be restored and I will upload some more pictures.

Musikman welcome to the gang over here. I must confess I've been looking at one of the 'V' series boar to either re-knot or keep as a modern boar, all my Kent boars are older ones. As for the re-knot, I'm so impressed with my Kent BK 2.1 silver tip re-knot I'm thinking why not. Oh and they are boar bristles in answer to your question.

Thank you very much Stuart. For now I have enough boars so I might look at the smaller silvertips, a 2 or a 4 handle type to be determined later. Ex: Do I buy one, or more, to match my ivory handles, or do I buy something else?

Last edited:
I got a reply from kent which I am most grateful. I asked if they had any info on the brush such as knot spec, age etc. The answer was they they didn't know much but they did know that it was filled with a silvertip knot which is what I think I shall restore it back to.

wazza, better than nothing I suppose. I memory serves me well I think Kent had a fire and lost a lot of records on the older stuff. Cuople that with staff who seel rather than make and you end up in this kinda of 'er not sure' land.

Still not luck on the Kent 'P' seires front. There seems to be nothing about anywhere. Going on annual leave next week so may have an antique hunt on one day. Saying that I dont think there's much in the way of shopping down Lizard point.

Once again missed out on a P12, went for peanuts on the bay aswell. Cased, one owner from new went for £31!!!!!. damn!

Top Bottom