What's new

Order of the Kent

that's incredible job there's no line or anything to show that where the original piece was. well done, I bet you will enjoy that one more knowing what you did to bring it back!

Cheers guys. THe BK2.1 was up this morning with my new EVERREADY SE. No ill effects at all. THis Silver tip knot I've put in is superb. It really is the brush the BK2 should be IMHO.

The honeymoon phase is over and my love for my Kent BK8 is strong. Definitely a keeper! Fantastic size, great backbone for such a huge loft.

I love this brush!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398789843.538265.jpg

The honeymoon phase is over and my love for my Kent BK8 is strong. Definitely a keeper! Fantastic size, great backbone for such a huge loft.

I love this brush!

View attachment 442055

Whats not to like about the BK8. Possibly one of the most underated silver tips in the market place. Why??? because a few folk reckon thy're floppy and no good for face lathering. Pah! say I. I face lather and shower shave with a BK8. Superb.

Thats a great price on a H8. My first kent was the H8. It will soften up after a month or so, so dont be put off by the small amount of scritch. I always thought of it as the half way between boar and silver tip badger. It's in my Kent rotation, comes up on day three of such after the massive T12 and BK8.

While I'm here as I sold almost all my boar brushes except for my Kent T9 boar an Omega #34 and a real cheap but very nice Vulfix #9 (could be #10). I got this baby for a steal off the bay on sunday. Didnt break £14, NOS apparently, its a V30 boar. Pic is from the vendor. He says its new and never used. I hope its as good as my T9. Thast real soft now.
$Kent V.jpg

Well the V30 arrived this afternoon way after my morning shave. Not the usual round 'coffin' case but a box case instead. The inner instruction sheet is in French and I think Chineese but it could be Japaneese, it's oriental which leads me to the question how old do you guys think it is? Becuase of the instructions I'm guess as far back as the late 40's or early 50's. Just as Europe and Asia were re-building what better way than sending British goods, hence the language. Any how here she is. A small 19mm not and absolutley brand new. Enjoy,
$Kent 1.jpg$Kent 2.jpg$Kent 3.jpg

Some body stop me! I'm way over my 10 brush in total only rule. I now have 9 Kents alone and thats including this big brother to my recent V30 boar purchase (which is an pleasure to use by the way). This is a V20 with the box case. Vendor pic,
$Kent V20.jpg

Well here's my latest purchase. A NOS (again) Kent V30 boar. Like it's little brother the V20, it too came ina red box instead of the usual 'coffin' case. Anyhow, as the V20 has proven such a great little boar to use with either soaps or creams I have high hopes for this fella. So thats three older / vintage Kent boars that have proven to be really great brushes. Makes me wonder what happened? any how enjoy.

Spec wise (I havent measured it properly) It's a 22/24 knot at around 55. And the handle height is around 55 aswel.

$Kent V30.jpg$Kent V series.jpg

Here's my newest add to the order archives! :001_cool:
reads to be a mixed badger/boar brush

Kent V21, knot 22mm // loft 58 // total height 110mm

$IMG_3728.jpg$IMG_3731.jpg$IMG_3733.jpg$IMG_3738.jpg

Last edited:
Refles, thats brilliant, where did you pick that up from? Same kinda specs as the V20 of mine. If memory serves me well the V21 also came as a silver tip badger aswell. I had one last year and sold it to a guy in Germany. Great pic. Did it come with a case?

I bought the Kent silvertex infinity as a travel brush, but through my pre travel testing, I have found that it is my new favorite brush. It has backbone, soft tips, and I can use it for face, mug, and bowl lathering. I pledge to the Kent order.

Refles, thats brilliant, where did you pick that up from? Same kinda specs as the V20 of mine. If memory serves me well the V21 also came as a silver tip badger aswell. I had one last year and sold it to a guy in Germany. Great pic. Did it come with a case?

Thanks Stu!
actually I obtained it from eBay in UK, belonged to lady in Kent, England. As far as they know, the owner says it just sat around in their in law's closet and that it was unused but it came in the coffin box that you have in yours above. (I've included more photos, didn't think anyone cared :blush: ). Its pretty nice looking I think, the white color is turning a bit 'butterscotch-ish' in its overall appearance. I did find your V20 very interesting as well, reads essentially the same brush.. even if Kent may have lost most of its records, they can probably get a photo archive from this forum of their own brushes!

I think your right about the colour turning. The little V30 has an almost yellow handle compared to the V20 brother. I'm not sure whats its made out of but I wouldnt have thought Kent couldnt be bothered about colour consistency. By the way, great pics and a the coffin case seems in almost new condition aswell. Great find.

ahoy, gents. i have a questions about my two kent brushes. i have a blk12 (favorite brush) and a bk8. the 12 says "pure badger" and the 8 says "pure silvertip badger". i've read that kent has been making their brushes with a bit more backbone of late, is the "pure silvertip badger" on the 8 indicative of this "new style" kent or is just a difference in production? thanks!

From what I've read, Kent is now printing the "pure silver tip" on it's top range brushes and leaving "Pure Badger" on the Lower range. Saying that they did use the "pure badger" logo for years as an indicator that there was noting but badger in the knot, that was used on both sorts.

Forgot to mention that theres a Kent BS8 on the bay if any ones interested.

Thanks rxonmymind.

While I'm here anyone have a P12? I've spied one and was wondering whats the knor? silver tip or pure. It's the same old, same old Kent 'PURE' badger logo.

Top Bottom