What's new

Order of the Kent

May I intoduce to you my new cheap as chips Kent BK 2.1. Silver tip. Spec wise, 22/52 silver tip from sappire-sky blue off the bay. The orginal knot wasnt the quoted 23mm but a mere 21mm in pure. So a little adjustment was need. But the old knot was terrible. You can just see the donut in the centre in this pic,
View attachment 432660

New knot, silver tip 22/60

View attachment 432661

Old not out, just needs tidying up now

View attachment 432662

And here she is BK 2.1

View attachment 432663
A slight glue line, just on the very edge of the handle but I'll let it dry over night befor I go and give a good wash and clean. What you guys think. Cost wise the handle was £10 and the knot £12 both inc postage. So £22 for a silver tip Kent.

Nice work. Where is the new knot from?

sappire-sky blue off the bay

It was cheaper by a few pennies to pay via US dollars then Sterling. But its seems a good knot, nothing fell out when I was thumbing it through. No nasty smells or whiffs. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Here's the BK2.1 silver tip post first use. A good bloom on this one now. Well the knot may be a a wee 22mm but the loft I set it at works brilliantly. I bought the knot as it was being sold as extra dense. So for the money I though nothing more of it. It reminds me of my Duke 2 in best for density but softer than my BK8 :biggrin1:. The hairs seem finer and they seem more closely packed in (hence extra dense). I went with a new puck of Boots the Chemist own Black Bowl soap and my Cobra today. Result was a great lather with more than enough for three passes. Just need to work out the badger funk. This is the brush the BK2 cries out to be IMHO.

$Kent BK2.1.jpg

Thanks guys. I can say this is a really good brush for me. The knot is dense and the loft just right. This morning we went with Frost bite soap from the guys at synergy and the lather was the best I've had from this soap.

Here's an amazing bloom on the Kent AP12, in just one use!
Shown after first use, and before.
The loft more than doubled in width.

$kent ap12 ap4.jpg

$kent AP12-0765s.jpg

Thanks guys. I can say this is a really good brush for me. The knot is dense and the loft just right. This morning we went with Frost bite soap from the guys at synergy and the lather was the best I've had from this soap.

Here's an amazing bloom on the Kent AP12, in just one use!
Shown after first use, and before.
The loft more than doubled in width.

View attachment 433630

View attachment 433631

Well done on the choices guys. Looking good.

Had my eye on the AP4 for some time now. Whats it like compared to say the BK 8?

Nice brush. Actually a tad larger than the BK4 but not as large as BK8. Solid handle adds some heft.
Similar, excellent hair quality.
Approx measurements...
AP4 22mm plus knot, 6.8 g.
BK4 22mm minus knot, 5 g.
BK8 26mm knot, 7 g.

$kent brushes 3.JPG

Nice one, thanks for the specs. Have I got any more room in the den for another Kent??? We'll see next pay day.

My BK 2.1 silver tip fell into the sink this morning, I'm a lot bumbed out on this as its a superb knot and handle.

$Broken.jpg
I'm back at work for the next few days but was thinking A)polish out the rough spots with fine grade sand paper, or
B) fill it with some kind of white / cream filler and then smooth over.

Which do you think is safest and or, is best.

Well tomorrow I'm going to get hold of some filler (epoxy) and then sand it back with the dremel. Funny thing is I've been using it as is and I kind of like it. Weird.

Mind if I join you lads? $024.jpgThis arrived today and after a quick shampoo I lathered and had a fantastic shave. It's a lot more soft than my BLK8 was.

Well after serveral days drying out and a little super gluing. I got round to polishing the crud out of the handle. Its a little off round but feels OK in the hand. I feel loads better now. First pic befor repair, second pic after.
$Broken.jpg

$Not broken.jpg

Top Bottom