What's new

Order of the Kent

I have no experience of shavemacs but the bk8 is like a pillow of soft badger. Blooms quite a bit and I have had more luck bowl lathering than face. It will work fine for both methods though.

To all Kent admirers:

What is your opinion of these 4 brushes? None are that expensive and range in price from £9.15 down to £5.10. Something in me wants to order all 4 but before doing so, I'd like to hear any of your opinions.

Thank you in advance,

Musikmann aka Dave

As a big Kent fan, and owner of some vintage 'T' and 'V' series boar and pure badgers. I'd say at that price whats to loose? a few bucks ...may be but then theres the pleasure of possibly finding a hidden gem. If all fails the handles are pretty good and you can always go for a re-knot. I have a Ace shavingsilver tip knot in one of my old BK2's (now known as the BK2.1) and its taken it to a new level. Go for it.

Thanks for the feedback Stuart. I noticed Kent has all of these in stock at the moment. Other UK sellers frequently sell some of these on a certain online auction site, but I have never seen one that offers them all at the same time. I have ordered other items directly from Kent and I can testify that their shipping prices to the US are reasonable and the service spot on.

Great news musikmann. Pics on arrival and use or it didnt happen :)

Not ordered yet. I already shot my October brush budget but now it's November 1 and that starts all over again! I'm waiting for 2 to arrive: another SOC boar from Vintage Scents and a Vie-Long white horse hair from Gifts & Care. Those Kents will be next!​

Not ordered yet. I already shot my October brush budget but now it's November 1 and that starts all over again! I'm waiting for 2 to arrive: another SOC boar from Vintage Scents and a Vie-Long white horse hair from Gifts & Care. Those Kents will be next!​

They all sound great to me.

Hi Guys, it may not be the biggest out there but it's mine and I love it!!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416161284.177345.jpg

Chritmas is coming, any one with a Kent on the wish list? I'm still loking for a plexi glass handle.....Santa help!

I'm still waiting to join, I have a BLK8 on my list. I might as well buy it myself because my wife thinks I'm insane.

I'm still waiting to join, I have a BLK8 on my list. I might as well buy it myself because my wife thinks I'm insane.

Welcome to the club Nick 55. THeres some great deals out there on the BLK 8 so have a look around and dont forget Amazon.

I have a BLK8 inbound from a shop in England called Modern Hairdressing. Got it for £75 plus 5 for shipping to the U.S. I have gotten an email that it shipped, but no tracking for Royal Mail. I have my fingers crossed, maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas.

I have a BLK8 inbound from a shop in England called Modern Hairdressing. Got it for £75 plus 5 for shipping to the U.S. I have gotten an email that it shipped, but no tracking for Royal Mail. I have my fingers crossed, maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas.

Not a bad price with P+P. Has it arrived yet Nick?

No. I had it sent to my office(we all know why) and I am off until 1/5 now. Was hoping it would be there before Christmas, but I guess I'll be enjoying it on my business trip the first full week of January. Bought a Georgetown G12 scuttle yesterday too. Hopefully it's there waiting as well.

I can't lie, I've had buyers remorse already because I haven't used it yet but I'm sure that will change when I finally do.

I got a new BLK8 for Christmas from the wife. I have to say it had fast become my daily driver. Nothing else I have even compares. She found it on Amazon.

Finally got to my office and the BLK8 was waiting for me! I threw it in my bag and it is joining me on this business trip so you can all guess what I'll be doing when I slam click at the hotel! Practicing whipping up lather with my new brush. So excited!

Finally got to my office and the BLK8 was waiting for me! I threw it in my bag and it is joining me on this business trip so you can all guess what I'll be doing when I slam click at the hotel! Practicing whipping up lather with my new brush. So excited!

Enjoy.

I knew if I waited long enough one would eventually turn up. And it did on the old B&B BST. It took me a mere 5 mins to have this baby winging its way to me from the US of A. It'll be stables with the rest of the heard, grrom and paraded with glee. Ladies and gentle men may I introduce to you MY KENT P4, with clear handle.

$Kent P4.jpg
Vendors pic

I knew if I waited long enough one would eventually turn up. And it did on the old B&B BST. It took me a mere 5 mins to have this baby winging its way to me from the US of A. It'll be stables with the rest of the heard, grrom and paraded with glee. Ladies and gentle men may I introduce to you MY KENT P4, with clear handle.

Vendors pic
Congrats, I was looking at that one myself. But SWMBO says no more brushes. LOL

Top Bottom