What's new

One wallet that will last forever!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have a medium Saddleback wallet and I used it for about two weeks. Yes, it will last forever - but it is very thick in my pocket. I couldn't interest my kids in it, either.

Right now, i'm leaning towards a Mitchell Leather Cordovan wallet. That leather looks indestructible and is a thing of beauty but am also considering the Saddleback.

I am actually looking for a passport travel wallet. Something that holds a passport, paper currency, credit cards. It has to fit in a front pocket.

I am interested in Saddleback, although they are mexican made and chrome tanned.
Also Bellroy, made by Indians, and vegetable tanned.

Any other options for something that will outlast me?

Maybe the OP and I have a converging interest here....

LOL

They are made in "old" Mexico, which is a joking way to refer to Texas.

Saddleback's good, bit Colonel Littleton is great. Check out toe front pocket wallet. It's smaller, more flexible, and at least as durable. Toss in free monogramming, fast shipping, and great customer service for an unbeatable combination!

LOL

They are made in "old" Mexico, which is a joking way to refer to Texas.

I think you are mistaken. Their website says "mexico."

and the company's backstory is all about finding leather crastspeople in mexico.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Saddleback-Story

Do you have a correspondence or a place you could direct me to on their website that says otherwise? That would influence my decision.

Right now, I've put Saddleback at the bottom of the short list and Chester Mox and Tanner Goods on the top

Right now, the online store "huckberry.com" is selling wallets made from old baseball mitts.

WAY overpriced, IMO, but pretty neat.

Saddleback leather products are indeed made in Mexico not in Texas. One look at the construction would tell you that if you are at all familiar with southern Mexican leather crafts. They may be durable, but are so in a brute force approach using thick, unfinished leather.

Front... jacket pocket? I own this and am enormously satisfied with it. Storage galore. Holds a pen, two passports, lots of credit cards, several varieties of cash, train tickets, boarding passes, etc., with aplomb. Used it recently on a Euro jaunt that involved self and wife flying into London, several days there, train to south of France, rental car to NE Spain, wedding there, return to France, train to Paris, several days there, flying home.

http://www.ettinger.co.uk/ I have been meaning to get one of their wallets for a while now, crazy expensive though.
http://www.ettinger.co.uk/wallets-purses/for-gentlemen/billfold-wallets/bridle-hide-billfold-wallet-with-3-c-c-purse/bridle -This is the one I have had my eye on

$141jr_bridlehide_green_londontan-2_custom_large.jpg

Last edited:
I've gone the minimalist front pocket wallet route for the last couple years. I swear by my Saddleback ID wallet. It holds more than you would think. I have a total of 8 cards, 2 ID's, and cash in mine. Granted, more than 5-6 bills get a little tight, but this thing is a fantastic product. Full disclosure-I am a Saddleback fan and own one of their briefcases as well.

I'm guessing any uber high quality leather maker (saddleback, et al) will do the trick.

I've got a ray skin/leather wallet for the last few years and can say without question that the ray part of the wallet will likely outlast me.

Legion

Staff member
I'm guessing any uber high quality leather maker (saddleback, et al) will do the trick.

I've got a ray skin/leather wallet for the last few years and can say without question that the ray part of the wallet will likely outlast me.

I would love a ray skin front pocket wallet, if anyone knows a good one for a fair price.

Wallets rarely last more than a year for me. Henry, ProfessorChaos on here, recommended this Orvis wallet a few years ago, which I ended up purchasing. It has lasted me well over a year and comes with a lifetime warranty.

I have a leather wallet from BigSkinny and it's pretty good as far as wallets go. I've never worn out a wallet but it shows no real signs of wear that I can see. I've had it for over 2 years now. It's nice and thin.

Top Bottom