What's new

One Cartridge in February Challenge.

Does this mean we can only use ONE cart for the whole month, or one type/brand for the whole month?

I've been doing a lot of DE shaving here lately anyway, so I could prolly do it either way...

Just like the blade challenge, try to use a single cartridge for the whole month and push it as far as it will go.

It seems like this would only be a good challenge for those who regularly change their cart blades after only a few shaves. I always get 20-22 shaves avg. on a Schick Hydro and a few more than that on a Fusion.

My last Hydro I started using back in October and just tossed it about a week ago. Granted I was only using it about twice per week as I rotate with my DE equipment.

I can do a month worth of shaves easy on a Mach 3 cart (5x a week). I have one now with 5 shaves on it and will simply continue using that one through Feb.

In fact after reading Boseb's 100 shaves on a DE blade I got curious to continue using that same cart for as long as possible just to see how far it will go.

We'll see what happens!

One day, one shave. A brand new ProGlide cartridge and a brand new puck of Tabac. Excellent.

Last night's shave was Tabac cream, tonight's was Palmolive Refreshing Lemon. Nice.

9 shaves on my Mach 3 cart (5 are from last month) and no signs of slowing down. Plan to push it all the way through Feb if possible and even beyond if it permits.

4th shave AoS Sandalwood cream. 5th & 6th Tabac soap. The ProGlide cart should be just about broken in by now.

Is that a challenge?...I have mates that flog their carts to death over a month easy LOL. The way prices are, a month a cart is almost an economic necessity for some .

That said, i could never get more than a week or so out of a Fusion or Mach3 so I'm a bust for this. Actually, I haven't picked up a cart razor for almost exactly a year now. I should give it a try to see how it goes (probably wind up in the usual rash)

Last edited:
Is that a challenge?
I have no problem getting a month out of one, so not much of a challenge here. The safety razor guys were doing it in their forum this month, so I thought it would be fun to document it here. I also didn't want to crap up their thread with cartridge talk since this forum is here now.

7th Tabac soap again, 8th Jack Black Beard Lube and 9th Povence Sante Green Tea. All very nice, of course.

Well in the interest of full disclosure I have to be honest and admit I got distracted by another shaving toy (my pre-war nickel Tech) and derailed my original plan of Mach 3 endurance testing. I am still keeping count on the cart I have though and intend to track its use when I do pick it up again.

That's the story of my life though. One minute I intend to do one thing, then the weekend comes along and I get distracted onto something else.

Shave on gents!

I'm participating here, more incidentally than intentionally. I started with a Bic Hybrid 4 blade razor the last week of January. My previous use of Bics were underwhelming. The Bic 3 blade that I used some time ago may have been the worst cart to ever touch my face, and I've tried quite a few.

This 4 blade one kind of surprised me. The first shave was a bit rough, but tolerable. It smoothed on the second shave, and yesterday was the eleventh shave on this blade. I don't expect to push this blade for the entire month, but I am curious to see how long it does last.

14 days, 14 shaves. Halfway through the month, and most of the way through Gillette's claim of a month's worth of shaves (I think that's 20). No problems so far. Except that with shaving every day, one pass pretty much does it, so shaving takes no time at all.

This is a challenge? I shave every other day and I'm on the last cart in a Fusion 14-pack I bought at Sam's Club two and a half years ago.

29 days, 29 shaves, one cartridge, zero problems. I had no doubt I could get a month out of it, but this is the first time I've actually counted that many shaves on a cartridge.

I switched to DE so I didn't have to feel I needed to stretch my cartridges out for a month. But before DE I did that all the time. I REVEL in the pleasure of tossing a cheap blade out after only 3 shaves even if it could give me half a dozen more.

Top Bottom