Loi Titanium (4)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm boar brush
Pre-shave: No
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: warm shower
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

I wanted to use my premium, problematic piggy brush again to see if the successful ARKO! lather from last shave wasn’t a fluke, Lather for the shave was fine, but the fear of watering it down too much was present. Might fit the handle with a synthetic knot that’s more respectful of my precious ARKO! in some distant future.

Don’t know if avoiding the shower before my shave or avoiding the razor’s comb kept me hunching over the sink chasing stubble for ages, but I won’t avoid either next time.

🍊🍈🍋

20240221_112333-01.jpeg

That's a lovely scent, I have to say. Fruity and woody. A delight!

🍊🍈🍋

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Third One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s steeply satisfying shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (5)
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm showe
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

Applied a thick lather like yesterday, but after a shower and with a synthetic brush. It was very slick, but made it easier for me to apply pressure without realizing until seeing the teeny weepers here and there. Thinner lather next time, but this was still good enough. Can’t wait until next time.

thombrogan

Tonight’s nicely neutral and satisfyingly shallow shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (6)

A bit thinner on the ARKO! and the shave improved considerably compared to last time. An Aristotelian means of using just the right amount of ARKO! in the just the right way for just the right reason.

Started with the razor angled mostly neutral and it started getting steep in the hollows of my neck, but didn’t feel good. Weird. Must’ve been too much pressure or sunspots or something. Tilted the razor’s head a little shallower and it felt smoother. Also weird. I blame rock music. That was right side of my face.

Switched razor to my dominant hand and started in on shaving the wrong side of my face. With the optimally applied ARKO!, my awareness of the razor and blade positioning was better than normal. I tilted the razor head to a point where it felt like its forward movement could possibly pinch skin between the cap and the blade and it clicked. It clicked! The Loi I deployed in the razor picked up the pace and quickly gave me a close, comfortable shave. Went back to the other side of my mug and gave it a second pass. Wish I had done it like this the whole shave (right-hand side feels a little eepy from the neutral niceties).

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Awesome Fruity Shave.

Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Brass Stinger
Wizamet
Paladin Lotus
42 soap
Passiflora splash

The 42 is scented with Pangalactic Gargle Blaster, which is an outer space citrus beverage not unlike lemonade. The Passiflora splash is scented with passion fruit, and is quite fruity.

2024-02-22 10.26.21.jpeg

thombrogan

Last night’s serviceably shallow shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (7)

Overtired shave. Time consuming, so I must’ve went too shallow. Got to bed not feeling like curated Velcro, so only the time sync; which I can avoid by shaving a little less shallow; was annoying. Consolation price: dawdling shave means more ARKO! to enjoy.

thombrogan

Fourth One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s decadent shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (1)
Lather: SV Cubebe sample, bowl-loaded; face-lathered

Stayed kind of neutral barely favoring the cap for most of the shave and a little shallow on my upper lip. It was close, relaxingly smooth, and timely enough. Overall awesome shave. Fresh blade or SV Cubebe making the difference? I just know it was joyful.

thombrogan

Last night’s decadent shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (2)
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio, bowl-loaded; face-lathered

My razor. It tells me things. It says “stay neutral or steeper for e’erywhere except a few tough mustache whiskers. That’s shallow enough, p—dejo!” My skin tells me it likes the citrusy Cella Extra Extra Bio more than SV Cubebe or ARKO! and the Cella softens my whiskers more, too. Dumb shave, but it was timely and I didn’t have to pay until the aftershave was applied.

thombrogan

Tonight’s decadent shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (3)
Lather: ARKO! and Canada Shaving Soap, bowl-loaded; face-lathered

Took my shower; pressed a sliver of ARKO! into my loading bowl, and scraped dust from my jar of Canada Shaving Soap into it. Smelled like ARKO! and felt like I wasted my time as both are standalone goodies. Went neutral as often as I could and cleaned the ucky stubble off my face and neck in under 1.5 passes. The blade – my fourth One Blade In February – felt like it earned early retirement.

thombrogan

Fifth One Blade In Fruity February

Last night’s excellent shave
Karve brass Overlander
Loi Titanium (1)

A fresh Loi Titanium; the one blade I’ve been using in November; provided a smooth, close shave as it effortlessly glided over the lemony and nag champa lather that is ARKO!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Last shave of Fruity February 24. Aloha Smackdown in CK-6. Massive Hawaiian Punch scent. The fruitiest smelling soap ever. Fruit punch for hours. Capped it off with B&M Passiflora splash. Another huge fruit bomb of a scent.

Almost forgot to add… that’s a Rudy STF in Lemon Drop! More Fruity!

2024-02-28 10.23.42.jpeg

Top Bottom