What's new

Fruity February — With One Day More In 2024

Rocnel Elite brass / GSB / STF XL / brito lime glyce / Stirling glacial black cherry
20240214_162411.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s steeply satisfying shave
RazoRock Super Slant Lvl 3
Loi Titanium (7)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: face wash with shave binky and a few minutes of waterboarding
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

The Cella in the green tub smells like a citrusy cologne, so I used it. The Super Slant used steep felt comfortable with good blade feel, but took longer than expected. Closer than the Overlander the night before, but a full-blown shower would’ve helped. Will test that assumption next time.

IMG_2590.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Ti .68 oc
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Muhle STF 21mm
Soap: Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli
Lather Bowl: Timeless

Great shave. LPL shave soap is as good as any, imho. SV, Grooming Dept, MdC; it's as good as any of them from beginning to end. Scent isn't super strong on the neroli, but is a good fall/winter scent with a tiny bit of freshness.

I normally don't take pics because my bathroom isn't very photogenic. This time I did because of the duct tape on the soap container. When the soap arrived, I couldn't get the lid off to save my life. I thought it might have created a vacuum with a super tight seal so I used a nail and hammer to poke a hole in the lid. It still wouldn't come off. Took a few days of prying and working the lid to finally get it off. It was worth it in the end.

How do you like the La Rosa Profunda? Is it a straight rose kind of scent or does it have other things going on?
It’s fabulous - pretty straight forward rose
A little earthy, a little rich, but rose nonetheless - without being perfumey.

I’m a big fan of Declaration Grooming’s Yuzu / Rose / Patchouli as well, but they are distinctly different.

thombrogan

Last night’s steeply satisfying shave
Loi Titanium (8)
Pre-shave: warm shower
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio, bowl-loaded; face-lathered

The shower before the shave added more ease and speed to the shave. Will probably finish out the blade with the ATT aluminum Windsor or the steel Blackbird, but the next round will be the Super Slant teamed up with lemony ARKO! as one should.

🍊🍋🍈

20240216_161344-01-01-01-01-01.jpeg
A rather bright and fruity enough scent (lemon, lergamotte, tangerine) on this shaving soap... intermixed with a binch of spices... very enjoyable! 👍

🍊🍋🍈

Last edited:

thombrogan

Last night’s kind of cap-surfing shave
Loi Titanium (9)
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered

Tilting towards neutral from the cap and using lots of water and ARKO! made the shave a little quicker and closer, but my skin criticized my technique. Staring my third one blade next shave.

thombrogan

Third One Blade In Fruity February

Tonight’s steeply satisfying shave
RazoRock BBS “Standard”
Loi Titanium (1)
Simpson Wee Scott 13mm badger brush
Lather: SV Opuntia sample, bowl-loaded; face-lathered

Haven’t used my Wee Scot in a while and haven’t used my RazoRock BBS in much longer and they gave me a fairly good shave. Didn’t take too long and was mostly comfortable enough. Lingering post-shave scent of SV Opuntia garnered compliments from Wifey.

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Since i have been on the road, I have been using the same kit with arko for a bit now. Didnt want to bore all of you with the same setup shave after shave. So today was the start of Space Week SOTD. I dug a sample of Mega Flora out of the depths of my travel kit. What a great soap and scent. Its a fougere with an overall woodsy scent. But with a big kick of bergamot citrus. So that qualifies as Fruity! Yay me!

2024-02-19 08.13.49.jpg

thombrogan

Last night’s decadent shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (2)

Once those Wallace and Gromit teeth touched my skin, I knew it was going to be a one way ticket to Smoothsville. I loaded extra ARKO! and lots of extra water and was rewarded with slickness and the lemony and nag champa fragrances. Neutral for most of the scruff and steep for the stragglers, the derpy teefus of the JAWS comb kept everything reassuringly gentle. Good stuff!

thombrogan

Last night’s steeply satisfying shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84
Loi Titanium (3)
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm boar brush

Where was this win last August? I smeared about twice the amount of ARKO! in my loading bowl than normal, wet the tips of my piggy brush, and worked up a thick and slick lather on my face. It smelt and felt like victory. The smooth shave over it confirmed the feeling.

🍊🍈🍋

20240219_102232.jpeg

● Zenith 502 NK SE boar brush
● Henson Ti ++
● Wilkinson Sword Germany (3)
● Tabac a L'Orange 🍊 (shaving soap/ASB)

I'm sorry for not writing more in detail about my shaves these days. I'm pretty flooded by my workload, my spare time seldomly starts before 9:30 pm 🤷‍♂️... but hey, at least I wanted to mention today how much I enjoy the fruity scents in my shaving routine this month. Cheers!

🍊🍈🍋

Top Bottom