What's new

October 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

The puck was breaking up into pieces.
Yeah, my puck of Omsa was falling apart like that too. Mixing it was a total Pain. Pieces falling out of the bowl etc., etc. I grate mine and add it to other soaps now. It's awesome - and lathers so much better. It's a great solution!

Still in.

Fantastic shave this early afternoon. I have the week off work. Played 18 holes of golf in perfect fall weather, then came home, showered and shaved. Had about 2.5 days' growth.

Lathered up some Soapy Science in the Lollipop Citrus scent. Used the Feather SS again, loaded with a Schick Proline blade on its fourth or fifth shave.

Great reduction with the first WTG pass. Did a second pass XTG just for fun. Rinsed with cool water, then applied some Stirling aftershave splash. The Satsuma scent (mostly orange) went well with the citrus scent of the soap.

No nicks, no weepers, no irritation, no temptation to buy more shaving stuff.

SOTD
Face shave

Timeless Titanium .95OC
Astra SP x3
Simpson's Chubby 2 Best
Mitchells Wool Fat
Face lather

Good shave last night. No complaints. The grating done wonders to bring it back to life.

20191015_204639.jpg

Still in!

Another fantastic shave today with the Feather SS folding shavette and a Schick Proline blade on its fifth shave. Soapy Science in the Doc's Special Blend scent made for a nice, smooth two-pass shave. This puck of soap is down to a large donut hole, but I have plenty more where this came from, so I'm good.

No temptation!

I haven't used anything but the Feather SS since last August. I feel like I could go with this razor for months or even years. Thinking about starting a sell-off of DEs and SEs that I used to use sparingly, but now likely won't see the light of day for months, if at all.

Still in - but having tried a sample of PAA John Frum in the last few days, it has me considering getting a set.
I have not yet, as i wish to hold strong and perhaps pick these up next year whilst on holidays in NYC...

Still in - but having tried a sample of PAA John Frum in the last few days, it has me considering getting a set.
I have not yet, as i wish to hold strong and perhaps pick these up next year whilst on holidays in NYC...
Set a cash budget before visiting Pastures Pharm! I'll be going iagain in the next 4 months. Been there done that.

Set a cash budget before visiting Pastures Pharm! I'll be going iagain in the next 4 months. Been there done that.
I’ve been before, I’m from Australia so it’s a real candy store for me!
I spent about $150usd but got some soaps which I can now get here anyway. Next time it’ll be mostly aftershave I buy as that can’t be shipped here easily.

Guys - I'm still in!

Check this out though. I'm still testing different razor blades in my Karve for sport. A couple three days I put in one of these.

proxy.php

I have heard so many awful things about these razors, that I basically was cringing as I put it in the razor. The packaging is clutch though. Anyway - dudes, this blade is working like a champ! I can't believe it.

Just thought I would share that being, i don't think I've ever read a good review of one before.

Have a great weekend.

SOTD
Head and face

Timeless Titanium .95OC/Scalloped
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
Feather x1
SV/Bullgoose Colonia
Matching AS Balm
GP 20 Scuttle

Still in! Great leisurely shave this morning. Broke out the scuttle. Filled with warm water and was rewarded with thick warm lather for 2 pass head and face. I should have shaved the head first or corked the Feather as it is very sharp in this setup as a first use on the face. Got some weepers. Nothing horrible. Followed by Alum block and the SV AS balm and all is well. The Bullgoose Aluminum bowls seal airtight so the soap was like I used it yesterday instead of 4 months ago. Well worth the cost if you are wondering.

20191018_095252.jpg

Very much in. No temptation whatsoever. For a very simple reason: while traveling I had to use AdP cream instead of my beloved Nuàvia. Highly uncomfortable though very close. Irritable on both counts: skin and mood. Plus couple of weepers. Maybe it was the proverbial force of habit, but at this point I don't care. Can't wait to be back to my routine, and no more deviations from straight and narrow. Today's shave put me off experiments for quite some time.
Good thing I'm not required to shave for work, might skip a week or so.
Concerned a little about my next soap, after I'll 3017 Nuávia. Will I like Panama? Time will tell.

PA170009_ii.jpg

I couldn't fight the temptation. I'm out.

I really enjoy using my Semogue brushes lately and I wanted to test one of the smallest one. The 1460 came in yesterday. I soaked it for 5', cleaned it up by lathering some hand soap, rinsed it and let it dry overnight. I used it today with Tabac and it was a very nice first shave.

I’ve been before, I’m from Australia so it’s a real candy store for me!
I spent about $150usd but got some soaps which I can now get here anyway. Next time it’ll be mostly aftershave I buy as that can’t be shipped here easily.

The main thing is to have fun (in what may be the best place in the US)!! :a14: :a14:

Top Bottom