What's new

October 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in. Today was the 6th consecutive straight razor shave. I get better results with the Feather than traditional straights. Not sure I understand why but I’ll keep playing with both until my skin cries for a break. I did finish up with a DE this morning, though, because I was running a little late.

There is a business trip looming ahead. Normally, I would take my travel kit - soap, razor and brush. On my last trip I chose my soap poorly, and the result was me being off my balance because of totally unremarkable shaves, plus Klar was demoted to an expensive bath soap.
I thought of ordering two-three samples directly to the hotel and living off them for the duration. How would this cunning plan sit with GRUME rules, I wonder. Thoughts?
I am unable to take blades with me, so I am going to buy one tuck on location.

Still in. Today was the 6th consecutive straight razor shave. I get better results with the Feather than traditional straights. Not sure I understand why but I’ll keep playing with both until my skin cries for a break. I did finish up with a DE this morning, though, because I was running a little late.
Are you using the SS? And is it the folding or the non-folding version?

Still in.

Outstanding shave this morning with the Feather SS folding shavette loaded up with a fresh Schick Proline AC blade. The prior shave two days ago was with a Feather ProGuard on its 8th shave.

The difference between the feel of the ProGuard at shave 8 versus the Proline at shave 1 was astounding! This was SO much smoother. Now I'm not sure whether it's because the ProGuard was on its 8th shave or whether the Proline is just that much better.

Fantastic first pass reduction without any irritation whatsoever. I thought maybe without the guards I'd be more likely to get weepers or cuts but there was no suggestion of danger at any point. Just smooth and comfortable.

For software I used the RR What the Puck? soap in the Orange Sunrise scent. This soap WAY outperforms its price point. It lathers up quickly, smells great, and shaves wonderfully. The lather is not as dense as my tallow soaps, but it shaves just as well. One of the best bang-for-the-buck soaps on the market IMO.

SOTD
Head only

Timeless Titanium .95OC/Smooth dual plate
Astra SP x2
WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo
Czech & Speake O&C Soap
Captain's Choice Heavy Copper Bowl
Thayers Unscented WH

Revisiting C&S OC soap. Great at everything as usual. Found my unused puck of C&S 88 that I'll use soon. Great 2 pass no pickup head shave. BBS. Post shave was the leftover lather and Thayers. Cologne was 4711. I've missed the C&S. Kinda gets lost in all the Artisian soaps available today. It will always have a home in my Den.

20191011_111042.jpg

Still in. I received the labels from my daughter and they're even better than I had imagined. She really did a great job.
5917185701.jpg

Life is good! Using the Tabac for the first time and for the entire month has been a wonderful experience so far.

Had a great Friday shave, no temptations yet!

Razor: GEM Junior with Bakelite Handle
Blade: GEM PTFE (10)
Soap: Mike's Lime
Brush: Vie-Long BGS2012 Butterscotch Beehive Natural Horse
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I’m still in and ready to make fresh tracks; on my face and skiing.
Colorado is skiing this weekend.
SOTD: Gillette New Type, Ogallala Bay Rum, Personna Red, Colonel x2L

Still in--not really tempted but I found a shaving brush in the gift shop at Kennesaw Mountain National Park yesterday. It was just a cheap boar brush right next to a wooden toothbrush that had "natural" bristles. I don't need a new brush, but there's always that part of me that wants to buy something I see in the wild.

The toothbrush was interesting--but no way I'd use it. Most of the packages were open and I'm sure everyone did what I did by running their fingers across the bristles. Talk about a lot of germs!

Still in.
3017d Prorasso Red today.
The LOMF said; “You smell great!”
I told her I used up the soap and she said; “Get more.”
Hmmm...

Top Bottom