What's new

Now I get it

Many of you have bragged about how great the shaves were from the Red Tip. I received a Red Tip awhile ago from a generous member.

I shaved with it several times, I did not think much of the shaves I was getting, as being anything that special. I preferred my open combs for a better shave.

These last four days I have unlocked its magic and now understand what everyone has been so enthusiastic about the Red Tip. The shaves have been outstanding. Exceeding even the shaves from my open combs.

If a razor is not working out for you. Put aside and come back and give it another chance. You could be surprised like I have been.

It's amazing how many products I've come back to that have magically improved after laying fallow. Volabra soap was one that just didn't do it for me last year. This year, I can't seem to get enough of it.

It's interesting, isn't it? Do you think maybe we get into 'technique ruts' where we just shave better with certain razors vs others? I had a fun time this month using some open combs that I just didn't get the first time I tried them. Now months or years later, I really enjoyed them. I've yet to try a red tip - still keeping my eyes open for one in the wild.

For me it's blades.... I love feathers but can't seem to find anything that works as efficient. I've tried 5-6 different blades in each of my razors but always gravitate back to the feathers.

Congratulations on your success. It does take some time to learn a razor. I have three: a Red Tip, Fat Boy, and an Aristocrat. All give me outstanding shaves, but they all require their own adjustments in technique. I use each for months at a time, and whenever I switch, it takes me a few days to consistently get my blade angles right.

If a razor is not working out for you. Put aside and come back and give it another chance. You could be surprised like I have been.

It'a interesting how that works. You can get so used the weight, balance or pressure of a certain razor, that you can initially miss the charms of another. Great advice!

I have had this happen with various shaving products including razors, blades etc. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I love my Red Tip! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom