What's new

Razorock Game Changer - which open comb?

I have been very happy with the 0.84 closed comb Game Changer over the past 4 years, safe to say it is one of the razors I reach out for the most.
I remember when it came out, folks that felt the 0.68 was too mild were all over it.

With the RAD itch kicking in these days, I am now looking at getting an open comb plate for it, with 0.68 or 0.84 being my dilemma.

What do you think?

I guess it depends on if you want to go more or less aggressive than the .84P you already have. The .68OC is less than the .84P in terms of aggression, the 84OC is more in aggression.

I have a Game Changer .84 open comb and it does a great job on my chin and under my neck, it is more effective at removing coarse hair compared to the .84 safety bar and is only slightly harsher. I have an old Muhle R41, it is harsher than the .84 open comb. I have not used any of the Game changer .68 bases but I would think the .68 open comb would be better for shaving daily than the .84 open comb. When using an open comb I usually just go with the grain then one more pass across the grain.

Top Bottom