What's new

Non-Semogue and non-Omega boar brushes

Bluebeards revenge. -- I don't know how good they are. Never owned one myself. But someone will chime in.

Last edited:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Rubberset 400 vintage; I was lucky and got a good original knot.
$razors 011.jpg

I have my eye on a few from G.B. Kent & Sons. Check out the VS series. I have a VS-10 'Gel Brush' and I can testify it's a pretty nice boar. None are very expensive either and I've also seen them on eBay from a reseller also in the U.K.

I have my eye on a few from G.B. Kent & Sons. Check out the VS series. I have a VS-10 'Gel Brush' and I can testify it's a pretty nice boar. None are very expensive either and I've also seen them on eBay from a reseller also in the U.K.

Good to see you went with the Kent Boar Musikmann.

Good to see you went with the Kent Boar Musikmann.

I've had that for some time, long before the rest of the series caught my eye. I bought it for the name because I wanted to try and produce a lather with a couple shave gels I have. No dice, but I used it last night with some Barrister & Mann and that was a good pairing.

Can any of the brushes mentioned here compete with Omega or Semogue?

In my opinion, yes. I can recommend the VS-10 I mentioned but cannot recommend any of the Van der Hagens I have and that is several. Their "best" from what I gather, is the one selling for about $15. I still use it from time to time, but the scritch is pretty intense.

Top Bottom