My going nowhere movement to ban YMMV

Should we stop using YMMV?

• Yes, it is insanely mind numbing to see it. YMMV

• No, it is necessary so I do not get sued. YMMV

• What was the question? YMMV

• Art is King. YMWNV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Beaker --

You just need to understand that the YMMV qualifier provides a sort of 'relief valve' to absolute statements that you may not agree with. It keeps the blood pressure down.

For example: "Aqua Velva is the finest aftershave man has ever created, and those that don't agree have the taste of a peasant." YMMV

See how that works? :w00t:

HTH.

-- John Gehman

Beaker --

You just need to understand that the YMMV qualifier provides a sort of 'relief valve' to absolute statements that you may not agree with. It keeps the blood pressure down.

For example: "Aqua Velva is the finest aftershave man has ever created, and those that don't agree have the taste of a peasant." YMMV

See how that works? :w00t:

HTH.

-- John Gehman

Banned!!!!!!!!!

I tried to post on that thread but it was moved as I was typing it up.

I do not mind the rick roll as I like the song. the kid can sing.

But yes, anyone who finds humor in it anymore is vapid in the humor department.

I'll have you know, I resemble that remark!

Actually, a well placed revival of an old/worn-out meme can be quite humorous...

For proof, check out this discussion on the topic, which I swear is not a Rick Roll!

Isn't it cute the way Beaker gets all indignant and starts banning people? Reminds me of the last time he "laid down the law" with the wifey over some silly shoe purchases and what not. She just nodded and smiled, complimented him on his show of manliness... and then racked up the credit card anyhow. <sigh>

:lol:

Of course, YMMV.

Top Bottom