What's new

MMOC Question About Clips, Teeth

Morning, gentlemen. So I just received a MMOC I bought. Despite being labeled as "ugly, but a good shaver" I have noticed two major flaws. I want to know if these flaws are going to make the razor too dangerous to shave with. I've already hacked myself with a bent 1912 (on the morning of my son's Baptism, no less) and never want to go through that again.

1. 3 of the teeth are bent. I'm pretty sure this won't affect the shave
  2. One or both of the blade retaining clips are broken off

$IMG_0874.jpg

$IMG_0872.jpg

$IMG_0873.jpg

one of the blade retainers is off (on the right as you look at it from the front). You've got nothing to keep that blade from slipping up and down.
sorry, but my opinion is trash it.

BTW, there are 3 "gem micromatic" open combs on the bay for under 10 bucks over the next 10 hours.....
Yeah, the problem is I already paid $6 for this from a B&B member. I don't want to be out ANOTHER $10. Frustrated and dismayed, I will wait a little longer before trying to find another SE razor. Thanks!

Sorry to hear it.
PM the member you bought it from and ask how he managed to get it to be "a good shaver", because I can't see it working.....:001_smile
(I am by no means an expert yet, nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn last night)

the center retainer on the MM should keep it in place. the bent teeth wont be a big deal. I say put a blade in that thing and poke at it with a q-tip to try to see if you can get the blade to move around. It may hold a blade just fine.... or it may not. you really need to put one in it and see.

Although, that really is a poor example of an OCMM and you definetly overpaid for one in that condition. I just bought a cased minty one for $10.00 on the bay and another uncased minty one for $15 BIN.

the center retainer on the MM should keep it in place. the bent teeth wont be a big deal. I say put a blade in that thing and poke at it with a q-tip to try to see if you can get the blade to move around. It may hold a blade just fine.... or it may not. you really need to put one in it and see.

I don't think that center post can be relied on to position the edge properly.

$100_0777MM_gap.jpg

My OCMM with a 5th shave carbon blade has about a millimeter of space above the post with the edge well against the edge clips.

Thanks for the information, gentlemen! I knew it looked unsafe. I'm trying to settle the issue via PM, but I'm pretty upset with the condition of the razor, especially since they're a B&B member.

I just found a push button and MMOC in the B&B hobbyist forum. I'll be a LOSER come hell or high water.

Personally I'd go for a 1912 or an ER 1914 or 1924 before I went to the OCMM. Just didn't work for me when I tried it.

Of course, one month later I am now an hexperienced LOSER so what do I know. MMMV by the end of GEMini!

Yeah, the problem is I already paid $6 for this from a B&B member. I don't want to be out ANOTHER $10. Frustrated and dismayed, I will wait a little longer before trying to find another SE razor. Thanks!

Damn! Burned twice by the SE gremlins!

I got this "user" for I seem to recall $7 shipped:

$100_0789.jpg

It's in pretty good shape overall:

$100_0785.jpg

Just some scratches and plate-loss on the cover:

$100_0788.jpg

PM me your address and I'll PIF it to you.

Top Bottom