What's new

1930s Brit Aristocrat rhodium OC: Newbie impressions and set questions (#15 set, French set) (pics)

Sorry to go OT but amongst the rockets excluding the flare tips which is the most aggressive?

In my experience it's the UK made Red Tip Superspeed. The Reds Tip Rocket
is the same but I haven't used it. They're not built as substantially as the UK Aristocrat
series (15, 16, 21), but they're the super smooth assassins in their category.
I'd like to think that the high end razors these days would be better, but not by very much.
I used my UK RT last night and it usually means I dont need to shave the next day.

In my experience it's the UK made Red Tip Superspeed. The Reds Tip Rocket
is the same but I haven't used it. They're not built as substantially as the UK Aristocrat
series (15, 16, 21), but they're the super smooth assassins in their category.
I'd like to think that the high end razors these days would be better, but not by very much.
I used my UK RT last night and it usually means I dont need to shave the next day.

Thanks Tester28,

If you have any experience with the UK techs how I'd they compare to a rocket 500hd please?

I find most modern razors a bit too aggressive and really love the vintage razors like my Parat or English Tech.

I do not read but would like to say that's the exact same razor.
It goes by "2nd generation British Aristocrat"
#15 and #21 are set number that both contain the same "2nd generation British Aristocrat"

Yes they are hard to tell apart....I used to put stickers on my shelf to remind me.
But for some reason I felt my #21 was a tad smoother. Maybe there are subtle variations
depending on the batch or month they were made in.

Remember reading an interesting snippet on here:

"Those 1st gen Brit. Aristocrats are well known for their vast variability in quality of shave.
If you buy one you may not like it.
But if you buy a dozen there is a chance to like at least one.
So buy by the dozen!"

Could that possibly apply to 2nd generation as well?

R

romsitsa

Sorry to go OT but amongst the rockets excluding the flare tips which is the most aggressive?

Hello, except for the blue and red tip Rocket/SS, all share the same head, so it depends on which handle/weight you prefer.

Adam

R

romsitsa

Yes they are hard to tell apart....I used to put stickers on my shelf to remind me.
But for some reason I felt my #21 was a tad smoother. Maybe there are subtle variations

"Those 1st gen Brit. Aristocrats are well known for their vast variability in quality of shave.
So buy by the dozen!"

There shouldn’t be much variation, all were machined to specs.

Adam

Hello, except for the blue and red tip Rocket/SS, all share the same head, so it depends on which handle/weight you prefer.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Many thanks and as I suspected lol.
The Parat shaves really nice but I do prefer a heavier, fatter handle... Fingers crossed the 500 HD will be a great fit.

Cheers,

Mawashi

So buy by the dozen!"

Possibly!
I find them however a bit more consistent and not as variable as the 1st gen razors.

Hi Adam,

Many thanks and as I suspected lol.
The Parat shaves really nice but I do prefer a heavier, fatter handle... Fingers crossed the 500 HD will be a great fit.

Cheers,

Mawashi

The Rocket HD 500 is one of the most underrated razors and a bargain if you find one in good shape. Smooth TTO and a great shaver. It is a smaller razor and not the heaviest at around 70g, but that aside, one I really enjoy. I hope you find the same.

The Rocket HD 500 is one of the most underrated razors and a bargain if you find one in good shape. Smooth TTO and a great shaver. It is a smaller razor and not the heaviest at around 70g, but that aside, one I really enjoy. I hope you find the same.

Thanks Hedley,

I'm new to collecting so I haven't a real clue what's worth what but I paid around $40+ including shipping to Singapore.

I do hope it shaves great, the Parat is a fine shaver but the standard I measure every razor against would be my ET.

Cheers

Top Bottom