What's new

Mawashi Patented 15 min Boar Busting Method lol.

Get a hedgehog pet and use new brushes as back scratchers on it.

proxy.php

Too cute!

Although I must admit a friend's hedgehog only seems to want to hide, eat n poo. It's about as much fun as mouldy bread.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Split hairs are the result of many wet/dry cycles. That's when they really break in and feel soft.

I'm just seeing a mashed and widened loft, are the bristles actually splitting? Doing it with patience will be rewarded with a truly fine lather and shave.
+1

Hmm, I've used your method to use up shave soaps I didn't really like but I never thought to do it to hasten the break-in process. Oh well, I use synthetics exclusively now but I'll keep it in mind if I ever buy a boar again.

Guys, I believe I’ll keep breaking them the old fashioned way. Ten years of use and soft as a Pusey Cat.

View attachment 974321

I respect that you prefer it the old fashion way. Myself I like to know sooner than later if if the brushes are suitable hence to need for speed.

Hmm, I've used your method to use up shave soaps I didn't really like but I never thought to do it to hasten the break-in process. Oh well, I use synthetics exclusively now but I'll keep it in mind if I ever buy a boar again.

Yaqi syns are getting so good that perhaps natural hair might not be needed anymore. That's a good thing in my books.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Tape their feet together and use that for a handle. Then use their back. Their front end will bite, and the back end makes brown lather, or so I've been told. :001_rolle
When I prepped for my last colonoscopy I would have given anything for a nice soft guinea pig.
:001_wub:

Hi All,

Having recently gotten a couple of Omega boars and finding the usual breaking in method and time necessary a bit of a pain I thought of trying a different approach.
Part 1
The Italian boar appreciation thread (Omega, Zenith, Mondial, Koh-I-Noor, ABC, etc)

Part 2
Having found some success with palm lathering I thought I'll take it a step further with the omega 13522.
The before and after:View attachment 972266 View attachment 972267

The method... Wet the head of brush, shook off some water, 20 sec loading on a plain old shower soap and finally I just used the brush to lather soap like a bath sponge.
That's it, 30 shaves or more worth of breaking was done in 15 mins.

While lathering and using the brush like a shower sponge I could feel the brush getting softer just a couple of mins in.

Having finished my boar brush shower scrub, I had a shave with this freshly broken in brush.

I didn't expect the shorter 55mm loft / 26mm base to be as pillow soft as my synthetic Bruce, but it was a really nice. Just the right blend of backbone, softness and skirtch which is like a mild exfoliating scrub.
The 49 beats the 104 for overall comfort and for bowl lathering but it's a soap hog and eats soap like nothing.

The 104 is the shorter, tougher brother who makes lather easier, if you want a big brush that whips up lather fast and exfoliates some the 10104 is a great brush.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
This works like charm!
I was bewildered when I first used my boar brush Omega, it didn't lather like synthetic, ate up too much cream,etc..now it's very good, infact joyous to shave with it.
Thanks, Mawashi! :001_tt1::a14:

This works like charm!
I was bewildered when I first used my boar brush Omega, it didn't lather like synthetic, ate up too much cream,etc..now it's very good, infact joyous to shave with it.
Thanks, Mawashi! :001_tt1::a14:

BombayShaver,

You're more than welcome. I too wasn't impressed by a new boar and read countless posts about breaking-ins and how long it takes.

I just thought how to break it in faster and somewhat naturally.

Hope you enjoy your boars :)!

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Top Bottom