What's new

MARTIN DE CANDRE - UH, IT'S ALRIGHT, BUT....

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
D613D3F5-6F55-4613-AEEA-0E9D809EB5A4.jpeg

Yipes, I don't think I'll live long enough to use that much soap! Even if I live longer than my Mom (currently 95 going on 96) I'm only gonna be around another 33 years.....

So, I finally received "Original" yesterday and for those interested, to my nose, it's nothing at all like MDC "Fougere" scent. I've read several different opinions on Fougere Vs. Original scent, and some claimed Fougere being just a "stronger version of original" but to my nose that's not the case.

Of 3 MDC soaps I own and one (Fougere) I gave away they all have "similar base" scent, but from there, these two are nothing alike, to my nose "Original" is much nicer, cleaner, fresh scent.

I don't like you guys!! A jar of Original is on its way!

What do you mean "don't like you guys" lol, the thread is titled "... it's alright but..". :D

Hope you like it, and if not, should be easy to get rid of without loosing much money.

I'm not sure what boredom has to do with it, but the soap is not expensive per shave as Marty's photo shows. If you are a budget shaver, this one makes sense, unlike this emoji. :a15:

I'm not sure what boredom has to do with it, but the soap is not expensive per shave as Marty's photo shows. If you are a budget shaver, this one makes sense, unlike this emoji. :a15:

After watching the super minimal loading required by the gent in this video, I'll take back what I said because you're right, the cost per shave would make it a budget-oriented soap and from what many have said, a great one in scent and performance as well.

After watching the super minimal loading required by the gent in this video, I'll take back what I said because you're right, the cost per shave would make it a budget-oriented soap and from what many have said, a great one in scent and performance as well.

That’s actually kind of funny; I load about half that of MdC for a 3 pass shave.

I decided early Summer that I needed to upgrade my soap and aftershave program. I am now set until the 22nd century on recent soap acquisitions, anchored by these three MdC's. I thoroughly enjoy each of them as they are all very unique in scent.

IMG_3349.jpeg

I decided early Summer that I needed to upgrade my soap and aftershave program. I am now set until the 22nd century on recent soap acquisitions, anchored by these three MdC's. I thoroughly enjoy each of them as they are all very unique in scent.

Nice, those should last you a while (same for me as I'm at the same "stage" with 3 jars I own).

I'm very curious about Rose, though I have no idea what to expect from that scent.
"Original" is quickly becoming my favorite MDC scent of 4 I have tried so far, followed closely by "Vetyver" and "Lemon". Fougere is definitively not the right scent for me.

I suppose it would be wrong to add 4th jar into my rotation now - perhaps I wait for Christmas time and just "hint" how curious about the Rose I am? :D :D :D

Nice, those should last you a while (same for me as I'm at the same "stage" with 3 jars I own).

I'm very curious about Rose, though I have no idea what to expect from that scent.
"Original" is quickly becoming my favorite MDC scent of 4 I have tried so far, followed closely by "Vetyver" and "Lemon". Fougere is definitively not the right scent for me.

I suppose it would be wrong to add 4th jar into my rotation now - perhaps I wait for Christmas time and just "hint" how curious about the Rose I am? :D :D :D

I am not sure why Rose appeals to me, but it does. I purchased a Grooming Dept Rose Chai and I love that one too. I had the opportunity to smell all the MdC's at one sitting. Initially bought the Fougere and Agrumes, so I had two very different scents, but could not get the Rose out of my head. You see how that ended.

Well done sir.

Thank you. These along with 3 SV's, one DG, one Ariana & Evans, one B&M, one ToBS and Tabac should keep me happy for the near future. Maybe a 2020 soap sabbatical?

I am not sure why Rose appeals to me, but it does. I purchased a Grooming Dept Rose Chai and I love that one too. I had the opportunity to smell all the MdC's at one sitting. Initially bought the Fougere and Agrumes, so I had two very different scents, but could not get the Rose out of my head. You see how that ended.

Thank you. These along with 3 SV's, one DG, one Ariana & Evans, one B&M, one ToBS and Tabac should keep me happy for the near future. Maybe a 2020 soap sabbatical?

NAHHHHHHH

MdC is literally my only soap of choice. That's it. I will never use any other brand. My experimentation days are over. The closest I get to any semblance of a rotation in my routine is using agrumes in the warmer months, and original in the chillier months. If I sound like a "fanboy" as the underhanded derogatory term implies, I couldn't care less. I might get a jar of fougere one day, but that's as far I'll venture away from my current setup.

Top Bottom