What's new

March 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

@FoolishMortal

That is all well said but I am still having fun and just honing in is all. The Rad stuff, which has been mentioned alot for me has slowed down significantly so that is all good. As long as I am enjoying it and its not a determent to me, I am good. :)
Last year I was hit and miss with the GRUMEs. I sort of used it as a way to take a breath, and plan my purchases. I am shooting for the whole year this year, well, because I have too much stuff! 🤪!

Shave #9
- Still In -

• *Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man - SOTM
  • *Simpson's CH2 (Best)
  • *Mühle R41
  • *BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
  • Cadman & Sons Bengall - 5/8
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Speick Splash
* FFFMM

IMG_1051.JPG

Still in. This week for Micromatic Monday I’m choosing a razor I haven’t used in a long while… my Micromatic Open Comb. I had a much easier time handling this compared to the Ever Ready 24-14. Probably because it is very close in feel to my Tech, my usual hair removal tool 😉. Going over the jaw line was the test, very easy for me. I used a RIGS shim to tone down the aggression a tad. I got a DFS on the third run of a Gem Personna PTFE. A few weepers in the usual places.

Day 13, 41.9% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid

A quick but effective DFS+.

I tried unsuccessfully to bring a tuck of blades with me through TSA as I will be here for a week. So I had to buy a tuck of VDH blades at Target.

That's arguably a special case of clause 1.c (my italics),

1.c. Members should have the necessary supplies to last the duration of the Restraint, but this is a Restraint, not a Sabbatical. If something breaks or runs out and you have no suitable or usable replacement, it can be replaced.

You didn't buy them for fun, did you? TSA forced your hand.

Top Bottom