What's new

March 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Muhle/MdC Monday!
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

View attachment 1620225
Muhle Rocca 95 Birch Bark
Muhle Rasurkultur (14)
Muhle XL Olive STF
MdC Rose

I look forward to this Monday quartet. It makes me want to listen to some of Beto's, @Beto Salatini music selections. Everyone that has this razor, brush and soap knows how well they perform but the real sleeper is the blade. Shave #14 was as smooth and efficient as the blade's debut. Bravo!

Please take care of yourself and each other.
Bravo, John!
Wonderful shave and splendid pic.
Congrats!

Does this mean you are grumed forever??

How are you for blades?
That was just a kind gesture at the start of this thread, but...probably so.

I have enough soap to last for years - especially at the rate I go through it - and there's an interesting variety. I have the 6S as my primary (desert-island) razor, with others for variety or need. I don't have a lot of brushes, but I have too many brushes. As for blades, I use one blade per month (maybe two, when I'm feeling reckless or hit a dud) and with 100+ blades on hand, I'm good for 4+ years. I restock Witch Hazel, Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and Stirling ASB as and when necessary.

Anything else that I just have to have will be acquired via trade. And if I can't get it by trade, I probably don't really need it.

Geez, reading this thread I am super impressed by the discipline, no way I could this now RAD and me have been ongoing, much respect to you guys. I am sure your wallets are happier and your sanity as well maybe :), just maybe.

I might even join 1 day, we shall see.
If you're of a mind to join, just remember this: "Don't look and you won't buy".

The best way to keep from looking is to focus on what you have. That can be achieved by dedicating yourself to using the same kit (or just the same razor, or brush, or soap) for a week. Pick your kit and put everything else away, out of sight. If that's too much of a challenge, shoot for three days. I think you'll find that you gain some insight about how to make best use of the item(s) you're using with regularity.

When trying to perfect something, you remove as many variables as possible. You want repeatable results. When we're overtaken by ADs, it's usually because we're looking for "better" and hoping that spending money means getting something better than what we have. Often, though, what we have is perfectly good and it's the user that needs to get better.

Anyway, enough rambling. I hope you'll (eventually) join us, or the Shave of the Week Society, or the Soap of the Month Club, or one of the other challenges available. :)

Top Bottom