What's new

March 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I'm FFFMM. Also I'm still in, but some of the photos on this thread are making that harder.
Keep the faith and enjoy what you have. When you get the urge to buy, instead of going to the BST or Amazon or a shaving site, go stick your head into the drawer, closet, set of shelves, off-site storage unit or wherever else your stash is located. Look around and mentally calculate how long it will take you to get through what you have. That should help!

1) @FoolishMortal - FFFMM
2) @henrickd - GRUYERE
3) @Sinnbad11
4) @Wgg2017
5) @B_R_A_D
6) @Chef455
7) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
8) @cryhavoc
9) @RookieGuy - FFFMM
10) @Mike M
11) @Doti B
12) @La Malice
13) @Cino
14) @Stuart Ganis
15) @Contact_vs_Feedback
16) @Roedeer
17) @Owen Bawn
18) @pdieten - GRUYERE
19) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE
20) @AZBronco
21) @BobbyB
22) @Schnitzel52
23) @hopper_64
24) @LMcC
25) @MaineYooper
26) @hangblague - FFFMM
27) @FL shaver
28) @Abz88
29) @4and20blackbirds
30) @wmadoty - GRUYERE - FFFMM
31) @‘Bout Time
32) @mattps1 - GRUYERE
33) @bluesman 7

Last edited:
I just had to take some brushes out of my Amazon cart and I had to resist the urge to get two of those Lord L5 Razors. I am with you, these guys and their pictures are killing me.
I firmly believe that anyone that's deep enough into shaving to know they need to join a restraint related activity already has very lovely equipment (myself included). Having said that, yeah, some of you are killing me with pictures of your setups. :)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Still in

Second shave in the mysterious Kai blade PIF
IMG_20210302_202245.jpg

I'm in the FFFMM too.

And I'm still in. The secret is having a motorcycle. Whenever I get the urge to spend money, I get a new piece of chrome for the bike. I recommend that route to everyone! And if you don't have a motorcycle of your own, get one! And if SWMBO says no, get something for a friend's bike?

I'm in the FFFMM too.

And I'm still in. The secret is having a motorcycle. Whenever I get the urge to spend money, I get a new piece of chrome for the bike. I recommend that route to everyone! And if you don't have a motorcycle of your own, get one! And if SWMBO says no, get something for a friend's bike?
What bike do you have? If you don't mind.

Tuesday shave

A34B16D6-3CEF-487C-9228-10CDA9BD3C2F.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense face scrub
Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush: Sanax badger-cased boar
Razor: Mühle R89 Grande, #11
Blade: Treet New Steel, #2 (shimmed)
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid -> Stirling Lemon Chill aftershave

Finally strung a couple of decent shaves together with this razor. Two passes + one touch-up for DFS with a very small patch of CCS on my lower neck. A little bit of feedback and very minor irritation on my neck. All in all, not bad. The Treet held up fine on second use and was again sharp and smooth.

I'm doing some housekeeping on the list, because I'm mildly (at least grammatically, syntactically and formatively) OCD. Also, I believe in credit where credit is due, so if you're in the GRUYERE or FFFMM or some other long-term commitment (at least a month), and it's not on the list, please speak up so I can add it.
I'm FFFMM.

Top Bottom