What's new

March 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

No shave today but still in
Way to stretch out the inventory! šŸ¤£ I didn't shave today either.

Due to scheduling conflicts, my March 1st actually started 9:30pm Feb. 28th EST. Up to bad was a new to me Proraso Pro badger brush. Brand new, first shave. And it beat my face up and stole it's lunch money. Still has some breaking in to do.

My soap was also a new one to me. PdP Bergamont and Thyme will be a great soap once I figure it out. But that smell was not my cup of tea. Were I not here and in the FFFMM, it'd be on BST to trade for anything but sandalwood. But I have a month to figure out how to love it.

I can do it! Just like we can make it through the month! The hard part of deciding to do it is done. All that's left is to run out the calendar!
Ā 
Way to stretch out the inventory! šŸ¤£ I didn't shave today either.

Due to scheduling conflicts, my March 1st actually started 9:30pm Feb. 28th EST. Up to bad was a new to me Proraso Pro badger brush. Brand new, first shave. And it beat my face up and stole it's lunch money. Still has some breaking in to do.

My soap was also a new one to me. PdP Bergamont and Thyme will be a great soap once I figure it out. But that smell was not my cup of tea. Were I not here and in the FFFMM, it'd be on BST to trade for anything but sandalwood. But I have a month to figure out how to love it.

I can do it! Just like we can make it through the month! The hard part of deciding to do it is done. All that's left is to run out the calendar!
Youā€™re lucky you can get PDP. Wanted to try the No.63, but over here in good old Blighty nigh on impossible to find šŸ˜«šŸ˜«šŸ˜«šŸ˜«
Ā 
Still in with a great BBS, no blood, no drama, comfortable shave. Still working that PAA Black Bot CK-6 to the end of life.

Ā» Leaf w/Gillette Platinum ā€œWhiteā€ (12) - head shaves only
Ā» Leaf Twig w/Gillette Platinum ā€œWhiteā€ 1/2 blade (12) - beard and neck trim only
Ā» PAA Atomic Rocket synthetic
Ā» PAA Black Bot CK-6
Ā» PAA Black Bot AS
Ā» Captainā€™s Choice large copper bowl
Ā» Sara Bonnyman lather bowl
Ā» Dickinsonā€™s Unscented Witch Hazel

I wish you all good luck in March.

proxy.php
Ā 
Last edited:
I'm in. I restocked a bottle of Aqua Velva today.

1) FoolishMortal
2) henrickd-annual
3) Sinnbad11
4) Wgg2017
5) B_R_A_D
6) Chef455
7) Heavy_Metal_Hound
8) cryhavoc
9) RookieGuy
10) Mike M
11) Doti B
12) La Malice
13) Cino
14) stuartganis
15) Contact_vs_Feedback
16) Roedeer
17) Owen Bawn
18) pdieten (annual)
19) Jmp63 (annual)
20) AZBronco
21) bobbyb
22) Schnitzel52
23) hopper_64
24) LMcC
25) MaineYooper
26) hangblague
27) FL shaver
28) Abz88
29) 4and20blackbirds
30) wmadoty - annual - FFFMM
31) ā€˜Bout Time
32) mappts1 - annual
33) bluesman 7
Ā 
While shaving today I looked at my Zenith boars lined up and looking sad since DecemBOAR is over and Iā€™ve neglected them most of January and all of February.

Iā€™ve decided to have my own personal mini boarfest. The added benefit is Hogzilla should help me 3017 more soap.

On deck for tomorrow is my boarzooka named Hogzilla.

Behold Hogzilla in all his glory! Kneel before his majesty and tremble before him as he eats the world!

proxy.php

Maybe Iā€™ll finally break him in.
Ā 
While shaving today I looked at my Zenith boars lined up and looking sad since DecemBOAR is over and Iā€™ve neglected them most of January and all of February.

Iā€™ve decided to have my own personal mini boarfest. The added benefit is Hogzilla should help me 3017 more soap.

On deck for tomorrow is my boarzooka named Hogzilla.

Behold Hogzilla in all his glory! Kneel before his majesty and tremble before him as he eats the world!

proxy.php
An excellent brush! I'm working with mine for at least this week as well.
Ā 
Back to the .68 safety bar to start the March GRUME, as I didn't fancy another "interesting" ATG shave.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Got a pleasantly drama-free result, a BBS face and a DFS neck. This razor is more than adequate for a daily driver. Still using the 84mm x 13mm Windrose aluminium handle, my current favourite.
Ā 
I've just had my 1st shave of the March GRUME and I'm still in.

Pre-Shave: hot water & Geo f Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Soap: Anbbas Goats milk &animal fat
Post-shave: hot & cold water splash, Alum block and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
3 passes wtg, xtg and atg results dfs bordering on bbs.
Ā 

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Shark SS in the red tip Super Speed; Simpsons Eagle G2 Pure and Cella, face lathered; Mennen Afta balm to finish, and I officially smell like an old man.

I cancelled the Simpsons Eagle G3 in Manchurian that I ordered late Sunday night to close out February. In this particular version of the battle between exhilaration and remorse that seems to follow every major purchase, remorse won. Still in restraint.
Ā 
Today was a very under the weather kind of day.
I still couldn't relax after the academic tasks are completed and still feeling all wound up.

After last month's bloodbath shave, my face needed time to heal, and only after convincing myself to shave in the evening, I felt better.

I brought up a razor that wasn't used since I got the BBS razor and after the Game Changer it wasn't even thought about.

Also, I went all out in choosing the different gears of my weekly set-up.
I guess, it was too much discipline in my shave hobby that was putting me off.

Razor : Parker Variant Adjustable (3 1/2)
Blade : Laser Ultra
Stick : Arko
A/ S : Vicco Turmeric Cream
Ā 
I'm doing some housekeeping on the list, because I'm mildly (at least grammatically, syntactically and formatively) OCD. Also, I believe in credit where credit is due, so if you're in the GRUYERE or FFFMM or some other long-term commitment (at least a month), and it's not on the list, please speak up so I can add it. :)

1) @FoolishMortal - FFFMM
2) @henrickd - GRUYERE
3) @Sinnbad11
4) @Wgg2017
5) @B_R_A_D
6) @Chef455
7) @Heavy_Metal_Hound
8) @cryhavoc
9) @RookieGuy
10) @Mike M
11) @Doti B
12) @La Malice