What's new

League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Foyle:
Although I think my Merkur 38C is 'fairly' mild...I do have my Travel razor (below), which is more or less mild,

full
full

Gillette (W-2 Date Code = 1951), Tech Bakelite DE (travel), Razor

and I do find that a shave once or twice a week with the Mrs. razor (below), to be mild, nice and gives my face a chance to recover in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble. :001_rolle

$Lady Gillette.jpg $Lady Gillette - 1.jpg $Lady Gillette - 2.jpg
The Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), DE Razor

[FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
“One Razor, One Lather; One Shave at a Time”. CBJ[/FONT]

PS In all of my razors...my blade of choice is Voskhod! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Foyle:
Although I think my Merkur 38C is 'fairly' mild...I do have my Travel razor (below), which is more or less mild,

full
full

Gillette (W-2 Date Code = 1951), Tech Bakelite DE (travel), Razor

and I do find that a shave once or twice a week with the Mrs. razor (below), to be mild, nice and gives my face a chance to recover in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble. :001_rolle

View attachment 719719 View attachment 719717 View attachment 719718
The Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), DE Razor

[FONT=&amp]
proxy.php
“One Razor, One Lather; One Shave at a Time”. CBJ[/FONT]

PS In all of my razors...my blade of choice is Voskhod! [emoji106]

While both are mild, they're very efficient razors. If you can wield them, they will not dissappoint. [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
While both are mild, they're very efficient razors. If you can wield them [love the long handle on the Lady Gillette... I have 'bear claws'
attachment.php
for hands
], they will not dissappoint.
proxy.php
rabidus:
Thanx for the
attachment.php
, support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

[FONT=&quot]
proxy.php
“Life is [like] a razor, you are always in hot water or a scrape”. Anonymous[/FONT]

I'm starting to notice that I'm getting better shaves with the mild razors. Even the Fatboy works better for me on 3 than higher numbers. Part of it may be that I'm currently dialed in, muscle memory wise, to the mild shavers.

I'm starting to notice that I'm getting better shaves with the mild razors. Even the Fatboy works better for me on 3 than higher numbers. Part of it may be that I'm currently dialed in, muscle memory wise, to the mild shavers.
Welcome to the real world!

I pretty much stopped using aggressive razors last April. I leveled a bump shaving my head with a NEW SC. As long as I kept using the SC, it wouldn't heal. That's when I found out the true potential of the Postwar Tech. Never really looked back. The bump healed while I was still shaving with the Tech.

My favorite razor is a 48-50 Aristocrat.

First off - I'm not knocking DEs.

Second - I'm a confirmed, longtime mild shaver.

Third, here it comes... - For a truly mild shave, straights are a wonderful thing.

I'm in! My entire stable consists of nothing but mild shavers. With all the talk of R41's, Fatips, and Slants, we need more appreciation for razors that don't have the ability to remove a layer of skin with each pass.

+1 to this comment and to creating this safe haven for mild shavers, I hereby apply for inclusion (thanks @rabidus for pointing me here). I mainly own mild razors as you can see below in my signature. I dearly love my only modern razor, the Feather, and never go above '3' on my adjustables.

I definitely don't go for this outcome when I shave:
:shaving:

I like mild razors... but also some aggressive ones, even R41. Right now my favorite mild razors are the ShaveCraft slants (#102 and X3). I also like the super mild Merkur 15C.

I am too lazy to take a photo of my razors... so my application will be pending for some time until I feel enough of motivation to take the photo.

Hello all! I've been DE shaving for about year now. My only razors are a Merkur 34C, EJ DE89, and a '56 ball end Tech. I shave 5-6 times a week and it's 2 passes and out. I've found that I like mild razors and haven't really wanted to venture to the more aggressive razors. I've been happy with the comfortable shaves from these razors. I'm currently waiting on a late 40s Super Speed. I'm also on the hunt for a Slim Adjustable. If you'll have me, I'd love to be a part of your group. Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to post pictures of my mild razors as the rules prescribe. As most of mine are mild I choose however to post a pic of my full miniscule collection. Rightfully, you could well argue that calling my 4th generation British Aristocrat 'mild' is stretching the term too much. However I don't have a pic without it - and besides, it is the most visually beautiful razor I own and deserves a peek.:001_wub:

A Tech Fat Handle and a birth quarter Flare Tip is inbound as we speak. More mildness to the LEMS people!

coll_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all! I've been DE shaving for about year now. My only razors are a Merkur 34C, EJ DE89, and a '56 ball end Tech. I shave 5-6 times a week and it's 2 passes and out. I've found that I like mild razors and haven't really wanted to venture to the more aggressive razors. I've been happy with the comfortable shaves from these razors. I'm currently waiting on a late 40s Super Speed. I'm also on the hunt for a Slim Adjustable. If you'll have me, I'd love to be a part of your group. Thanks!

Welcome from another newbie! - You'll love adjustables. When you get the Slim and expectedly fall in love with it there is also an "Order of the Gillette Adjustable" (O.G.A.) for you to join. Let me know how that 40s SS works out. This razor will be my next acquistion also I think, they are really beautiful :thumbup1:

Hello!
I like mild razors.
I have a Merkur Progress witch I use dailly on 1.5 setting.
2 pass WTG XTG.
I also have an EJ89 witch I use occasionally, and only if I didn't shaved the day before.
And also a Wilkinson Classic, witch I use when I am traveling.
The reason for using mild razors for me is speed.
I can shave faster and don't have to be very careful controlling my pressure.
I aim for DFS and usually able to achieve it on a 2 pass shave with my Merkur Progress.

IMG_2872.JPG
Hello fellows!
Today i shaved with the Super-Max Blue Diamond witch is an Indian platinum coated blade.
My wife brought me some from Romania.
I used for 4 days in my Merkur Progress WTG,XTG,ATG and got BBS every time.
Well today I used it in my Wilkinson Classic single pass WTG just to see how effective is rhe blade.
Got a DFS.
Great blade.
One of the best blades I have ever used.

Top Bottom