What's new

League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers

Haven't posted to this thread in a while...

Still quite happy with my AS-D2, Gillette Slim set at 2, and my Gillette Tech (ball handled). Stirling soaps, Feather blades, Old Spice and Nivea AS Balm are all getting good workouts.

I definitely qualify here, 58 blue tip, ball end tech, black handle ss, merkur 23c. I also have a schick krona and a lady Starburst I bought for my wife.

Last edited:
I can add the Ben Hur Number 2 to my mild shaving razors. They tried to clone an OLD Type but made an open comb Tech instead. It's a delightful wee razor with a Feather blade in it but not one for those seeking BBS in one swipe. I like it a lot.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm in! I shave with my EJ89L and love it. It's the only razor I have (so far) and I get a DFS using two passes WTG and a SAS with one pass and touch ups. I'm still trying to find a blade I love. So far I have only used Astra SP and IP (red)...I like both, but looking for something better. Any suggestions?

$EJ89L.jpg I like how the poor lighting almost makes this look gold:001_smile

I've been using a 34C for the past couple weeks. I find it the most efficient of the many mild razor I've used. I had an RRBS, very mild an reasonably efficient; but when the 34C came in, it took the #1 position for mildness and efficiency.

My typical tools are my blue tips and my ball-end Techs, but I recently added a Maggard MR1 to the lineup. Nice razor, with a stainless steel handle that's heavier than I'm used to. Still mild, easy to get a great shave with, but different enough to be a fun change of pace.

The latest addition...Made in England Tech with flat bottom plate. I believe it's from the No26 set with the 2 piece handle. I've shaved with it a few times now including a head shave and it's a stonker. I'd still call it a mild razor but it's without a doubt more efficient than my post war USA models. I'm using it with a nice brass handle but it's just as good with a ball end handle. The original 2 piece is a bit light. I'm not really one to get stuff replated but I'm so impressed with this Tech I might just do it. It's a keeper for sure and it looks and works great with that handle. A replate will just be the icing on the cake.

proxy.php

Original handle..

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm in! I shave with my EJ89L and love it. It's the only razor I have (so far) and I get a DFS using two passes WTG and a SAS with one pass and touch ups. I'm still trying to find a blade I love. So far I have only used Astra SP and IP (red)...I like both, but looking for something better. Any suggestions?

View attachment 570060 I like how the poor lighting almost makes this look gold:001_smile

I don't consider my ej89l to be mild and never use it. It's coarse compared to my blue tip and tech's.

I'm in. I'll post pix of my 56 Blue Tip and post war gold tone tech. I also have a couple of backup Techs that I don't use as much.

It's the Maggard MR5 considered mild?
Because if it is, I am totally into mild razors.
I've only two razors, my EJ 89 and my MR5, they're both great but I like the MR5 just a tad bit more. Gave me an excellent head/cheek/throat BBS tonight with only a few nicks that stopped before I could do anything about them.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Seven months in... I love Mild razors! I use Super Speeds, DE89 and Muhle R89, Techs, Maggard razors, and my Slim on 3 or 4. The most aggressive razor I feel comfy with right now is my New Short Comb, and that is also reportedly a mild razor too, but its on the higher end of what I can tolerate. I've tried some more aggressive shavers, and havent been able to feel good about that just yet. So I think the whole mantra of using a mild razor with a sharp blade will be my thing for the foreseeable future. I am going to add LEMS to my sig to proclaim it to the world!

Here are some of my mild shavers. DE89 and R89

proxy.php

Some Maggards stuff. Open Comb, two V2 heads, and one 1967 Tech. All on Maggard handles. All really mild. More mild than the DE89 and its variants.

proxy.php

And some Super Speed action. I have about a dozen of these. Found these three recently at the local flea market.

proxy.php

I'll apply later in the week, but the lineup so far is a EJ DE89, a Schick Krona, a Gem Damaskeene, a brass Gem Junior, and a Gillette Sterling (basically a modern Tech/G1000 made for the Indian market).

My two favorite Razors
- Edwin Jagger DE89
- Maggard MR5

Love my mild shaving razors, as most of my shaving is head shaving.

$IMG_20150728_214813998.jpg

Application for LEMS:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438291529.946219.jpg

Top row: Schick G5 injector, Schick Krona, 59 Blue Tip, Gem Damaskeene

Bottom row: EJ DE89, NDC Ball-Handle Tech, I1 Ball-Handle Tech

Not pictured: Gillette Sterling (Indian-market Tech/G1000 clone)

Last edited:
May I join?
Shick Krona (2), '47 Superspeed, '52 plastic Handle Tech, '58 Blue Tip, '73 Black handle SS, EJ Kelvin. Also I expect a Merkur 1904 O/C tomorrow. They all work fine with me using a Personna Blue (Lab). My personal favorite is the black tip Shick Krona, and I'm looking forward to trying the Merkur.

$image.jpg

To add to my collection above, sorry, no photo, yesterday my Merkur 1904 open comb arrived. Tried it today w a 4-shave old Personna Blue. What a nice mild shave. Little touch-up required. It seems to be even milder than my black tip Shick Krona.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I recently procured a couple of very mild razors from Delta Echo Razor Works. Got a very cool New LC, and a most excellent late 40's Tech. They both shave amazingly. I have stock versions of each of those razors, and these Delta Echo replated versions shave better for whatever reason. Love them. Hopefully this will stave off my RAD for a while.

$2015-08-04 14.54.08-2.jpg

I shave exclusively with four Gillette Super Speed razors- a 1949; a 1951 W2 Black Tip; a 1954 Z1 Flare Tip; and a 1955 A2 Red Tip which was advertised for heavy beards, so we can call it mildly aggressive if you will, against other known aggressive razors. However, my 1953 X3 Plastic Tech is indeed a mild razor. I use the Tech for traveling, and also have another Z1 Flare Tip relegated to that duty as well. Thank you, fellow Leaguers! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown$Gillette 1949 Super Speed Razor with Styrene Case and Ten Blade Speed Pak Dispenser Closed View.jpg$Gillette 1951 Black Tip Super Speed Razor Date Code W2 Steel Handle with Ten Blade Blue Dispense.jp$Gillette 1954 Flare Tip Super Speed Razor Date Code Z1 Red Styrene Case with Ten Blade Blue Blad.jp$Gillette Tech 1952 Date Code X3 with Styrene Travel Case.jpgView attachment 596803

Top Bottom