What's new

League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers

I only have muild razors.
1 EJ89 1 Muhle DE89 1 Muhle DE89 in Rose Gold and 1 Merkur 34C.
I dont have a thick beard so I can appreciate mildness and sweetness.

Cheers!

I do not think the scale between mild and aggressive is that well defined? Mild, for me, is Gillette Knack and Schick Krona. I feel that the R89 is less mild than those two razors.

I'm really beginning to enjoy mild shavers. I'll still use my r41 and I love it. But I have found I like shaving every day and I wanna take my time and enjoy it. I use my r41 when I'm in a rush though. Less passes.

I've been getting a bit of irritation and swapped back over to the Weber razor. Much smoother. Maybe I need to rotate them every few weeks? Had a fantastic shave today.

Is the Feather AS-D2 pretty much the mildest razor on the market today? How does an older Gillette Tech compare? Anything else that would be on the very mild end of the spectrum?

I've been getting a bit of irritation and swapped back over to the Weber razor. Much smoother. Maybe I need to rotate them every few weeks? Had a fantastic shave today.

Is the Feather AS-D2 pretty much the mildest razor on the market today? How does an older Gillette Tech compare? Anything else that would be on the very mild end of the spectrum?

I have an AS-D2 and a 1955 Gillette Tech. Both are great mild razors. Both have very similar shaving characteristics. The biggest difference is razor weight. The AS-D2 is a much heavier razor. Both deliver a great, close shave for me.

In terms of another great, mild razor... Try a Gillette Slim adjustable set at 2.

Mild shavers are all I use. I got rid of my adjustables years ago because I found them overrated. My favorite DE is the Schick Krona or Gilette Tech with the plastic handle, or any mild Superspeed.

Help me out, guys: Does the ATT S2 qualify as a mild shaver, for purposes of membership in the League? It feels like an ATT M2, which is pretty clearly a mild shaver. But it produces results like an R2, which is pretty clearly too aggressive to qualify. So, when I use my S2, am I shaving outside of the League? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused1

I exclusively use mild shavers. Honestly, I have two Pre-War Techs that see all the action in my bathroom. They are smooth, forgiving, and give me irritation free shaves every time.

I love a mild razor.

Help me out, guys: Does the ATT S2 qualify as a mild shaver, for purposes of membership in the League? It feels like an ATT M2, which is pretty clearly a mild shaver. But it produces results like an R2, which is pretty clearly too aggressive to qualify. So, when I use my S2, am I shaving outside of the League? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused1

Beats me, but I would rather err on the side of inclusivity. Welcome!

Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion, and is worth . . . exactly that. :001_rolle

I'm in. I love my techs and my EJ DE89. Even though its a slant, my 37c shaves identical to my DE89. Pretty mild to me. I get great shaves with little to no irritation with my milds.

I'm in.

proxy.php

I'm in. I love my techs and my EJ DE89. Even though its a slant, my 37c shaves identical to my DE89. Pretty mild to me. I get great shaves with little to no irritation with my milds.
I never felt that the DE89 was a particularly mild razor. I'd rather call it medium mild.
Mild or extraordinary mild, to me, would be a Gillette Knack or Feather Popular razor. I feel that, due to the weight, the DE89 is at least one level up on the aggressiveness scale.

YMMV of course.

This morning I popped a Maggard MR8 handle on to my ATT M2 head. OMG! The extra weight took the shave to a whole new level of closeness.

As a follow up to my last post, I have been trying that Maggard MR8 handle on all of my heads. So far, no compatibility issues --- it fits on everything I have tried, including Gillette New's. When I first saw the MR8 handle, I thought it was just excessive, not to mention looking way out of proportion. After reading a bunch of glowing reviews, I finally gave it a try and I have to say that it makes every head I own shave closer than with any other handle, without losing any smoothness or comfort. Especially in light of its extraordinarily reasonable price for a huge stainless steel handle, I encourage everyone to give it a shot.

Top Bottom