What's new

Just ordered a OneBlade Genesis

I actually tried to buy the O Ring clone based on reading that thread, but the company doesn’t ship them to Australia :-( It’s a shame because I travel semi-regularly to Japan and I see the twinjector blades everywhere, but never once saw a razor for sale there that could use them.

Oh well, the Genesis will just have to do :) Plus I hear the new Core (which is coming with the Genesis) is a lot better shaver than my early-version Core.

Well if you want a Clone let me know I’m sure I can ship one to you.

I buy mine from gifts and care. They don’t charge tax when you buy from Australia and it works out at about 52USD for 100 (before shipping). If you buy just the right amount of other gear you can get the shipping fee pretty low too. Definitely the cheapest vendor I’ve found for these blades.

+1, I also buy from Gifts & Care. It works out to roughly $.50 per blade, and with 6 shaves per blade the price of blades is not significant.

Incidentally, I have the Schick O Injector clone and a pack of twin blades. It is an excellent shaver when using twin blades...but...I prefer the shave I get from my OB Genesis.

+1, I also buy from Gifts & Care. It works out to roughly $.50 per blade, and with 6 shaves per blade the price of blades is not significant.

...I forgot to mention. If you're buying from G&C don't forget to plug in the 10% discount code for B&B members. He also carries Haslinger soaps. I've purchased those from G&C as well at great prices!

...I forgot to mention. If you're buying from G&C don't forget to plug in the 10% discount code for B&B members. He also carries Haslinger soaps. I've purchased those from G&C as well at great prices!
That’s right, I forgot! if you add the discount code as well, G&C is definitely the cheapest place to get FHS-10s.

Very good of you mate, thanks! I tell you what, if the OB doesn’t do the job I expect it will, I’ll take you up on that :)

Hey no problem.
The Genesis will get the job done for sure. I like having the Clone for travel and shower shaves when I don’t have a lot of time. They both shave very much alike in many ways.
But yes let me know. I’ve bought vintage razors from Australia and the shipping is a bit high but I’ve also found prices very good on your eBay compared to ours.
Good shaves ahead for you with that Genesis!
:thumbsup:

Maybe we should start an SSS , sensitive skin shavers, group. I would qualify as a member, and I have a full coverage, med-tought beard to go along with it. I prefer the V2 Core to my V2 Genesis. I think the slight reduction in weight & aggression really contribute to my comfort. I also am a fan of the type O, Schick inj., clone with the single Schick blade for the same reason; smoothness & comfort.
I'm going to try hand-stropping, and flipping my FHS-10 blades. I would really like to get more than 2 shaves out of them.
Ron

I have tried leaving the blade in my Genesis V2 for 3 shaves. Rinsing well after each shave then flipping. I got 5 smoothshaves without tugging. Will try a 6th shave when I am done playing with my new paradigm

I tried 13 shaves with one blade by flipping every other shave but I have to admit it was getting dull the last couple shaves so I guess I’d have to say I can comfortably get about 10 shaves from a blade, 11 or 12 if I push it.

Update time.

I received the razor a few days ago. I was immediately disappointed to to hear that the pivot had a significant audible creak. The top and bottom parts of the head were slightly misaligned too, in a way that caused the blade to not load smoothly. Ugh.

I decided to withhold public comment on this until OneBlade had been given a chance to make it right. I got in touch with their man Dominic. He was prompt and correct about everything. After I showed him the defects he very quickly sent a replacement via priority mail. He even got the shipping manager to re-inspect the replacement to make sure it was perfect before sending.

Unexpected bonus, too. Because it was international Dominic couldn’t make up a shipping label for me. So, in lieu of paying for return postage, he included a black version of the leather travel holster they sell. I didn’t even realise they had a black version and I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I had known. It will pair perfectly with my gunmetal. I wonder if they originally made it as a limited run accessory for the BlackBlade?

So, yes. Still waiting over here. But OneBlade customer service is rock solid and that deserves recognition.

Also! The package I got came with their Black Tie lavender shaving cream and aftershave balm.

Really, really good stuff. The cream lathers easily and is slicker than a rainy mountain road. The balm is very soothing and non-greasy. I honestly just bought the package deal to get the extra Core and extra blades, I wasn’t paying any attention to the rest of it. But I recommend their black tie software.

Oneblade’s customer service is excellent! Dominic goes out of his way to make everything is right no matter what the problem.

Make sure to post up your Shave once it arrives.

I have purchased from them several times but I did not know they had a discount code for B&B members.
Where can I find it?

Oneblade’s customer service is excellent! Dominic goes out of his way to make everything is right no matter what the problem.

Make sure to post up your Shave once it arrives.
I agree. Their service is outstanding and Dominic is a pleasure to deal with.

I have purchased from them several times but I did not know they had a discount code for B&B members.
Where can I find it?

When I go to checkout, under Vouchers, I see this message:
Take advantage of our exclusive offers:

G&C - 10% Customer Discount Voucher: G&C

When I enter G&C, it seems like it’s working.

Top Bottom