What's new

Just ordered a OneBlade Genesis

They had a black friday sale on the gunmetal Genesis so I finally pulled the trigger. I loved the Core so I am really looking forward to seeing the real deal in action. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

Also - do they ship the Genesis express?

Love my Genesis V2 in Gunmetal and just a little heads up. As opposed to the Core no pressure is needed on the Genesis V2 as was needed on the V1. Also the V2 is a tad more efficient than either the V1 Genesis or the V2 Core. So Congrats and that was one hell of a sale on the GM package. Keep us posted after a shave or two.

Thanks for the heads up on the pressure. I have found the Core to require a certain amount of pressure to activate the pivot and also to push through the plastic head’s grippiness. I will adjust my technique for the Genesis :)

The only things you will regret are the freakin’ propietary blades costing 50% too much v row and how brainlessly easy it is to get perfect shaves no matter how hard you try to screw up

The only things you will regret are the freakin’ propietary blades costing 50% too much v row and how brainlessly easy it is to get perfect shaves no matter how hard you try to screw up

Agree the Feathers leave a lot to be desired in both cost per shave and longevity. I cannot get anymore than two shaves out of one blade.. a 3rd shave if I'm only doing what I call a quick buffing up shave the day after I've had a very close shave. Only then I will use the blade a 3rd time but then it for sure gets tossed. Needless to say I bought a lot of them from Ted Pedila.
Also agree on the shaves being a walk in the park good.

They had a black friday sale on the gunmetal Genesis so I finally pulled the trigger. I loved the Core so I am really looking forward to seeing the real deal in action. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

Also - do they ship the Genesis express?
Congrats and cheers to some great shaves ahead.... :a17:

I just got mine today from the sale. Gun metal looks sweet. It truly gave me the best first shave of any razor I own. I bought one about a year ago and had a week of terrible shaves, sent it back for full refund. There must have been something wrong with the first one. After hearing how everyone loves theirs, my Son and daughter love the core 2 I jumped on the Black Friday deal, and glad I did. It comes with 80 blades and a core 2 plush 2 cshave creams and 2 aftershaves. Now I see what all the fuss is about. Hope you enjoys yours :001_tt1:

Enjoy your new purchases. These razors are a pleasure to look at as well as shave with. I have a Genesis, and a
Core 2, and enjoy both. I also have a NOS Aristocrat, a Wolfman, Timeless, and ATT. To my tastes the Oneblades are the coolest.
Happy holidays,
Ron

2nd shave with the OB today and 12 hours later it is still near BBS. No irritation I am loving the shave. Steve the daily shavor said he flips the blade after 3 shaves and is getting 6 shaves per blade. I normally remove my blades and take apart my razors after each shave to rinse and dry but figured the OB is coated so Im rinsing and leaving the blade in thinking that removing and replacing the blade with each shave may damage the edge. Don’t know but thought worth a try

2nd shave with the OB today and 12 hours later it is still near BBS. No irritation I am loving the shave. Steve the daily shavor said he flips the blade after 3 shaves and is getting 6 shaves per blade. I normally remove my blades and take apart my razors after each shave to rinse and dry but figured the OB is coated so Im rinsing and leaving the blade in thinking that removing and replacing the blade with each shave may damage the edge. Don’t know but thought worth a try

Glad you are enjoying your razor. My OB Genesis is my favorite razor.

I have to try flipping the blade as Im only getting 2 maybe 3 per blade and I to take out my blades and clean my razor after each use.. I'm a little OCD about my razors lol

I've never been a fan of blade flipping. I tried it a few times over the years in various DE razors and it never worked.

I tried it this week in my OB Genesis V2. It works like a charm...at least for me. Normally I get 3 shaves from an FHS blade. Now I get 6. When I flip the blade at the start of the fourth shave it actually feels a bit smoother than the first shave on a brand new blade. I don't do anything with the blade or razor between shaves. I load a fresh blade, shave, leave the blade in the razor and after the shave give the whole works a rinse, then leave it air dry. After 3 shaves I flip the blade without wiping it off or doing anything else with it...don't want to ruin the edge.

Thanks for the tip guys...my blade stash just doubled!

Thanks to everybody who has weighed in, I appreciate your thoughts!

I am looking forward to trying blade flipping and seeing if it works for me. It would be great if I could get a few more shaves out of my FHS-10s. Right now with my core I only get 2 shaves before the blade starts to get too dull for my liking.

Still, even if I only get two out of every blade, it’s ok. I have just cut myself soo many times on every other razor I have ever owned - DEs and carts of many many types (except for the Core which has been much better about not biting me). And I am good with my hands - I’m an acupuncturist, I work with sharp things professionally. So I don’t think it’s because I’m a klutz who doesn’t know how to hold a razor. I almost don’t care what it costs, if I can just have a razor that will not extract a price in blood, just for me to groom myself. I think the OB Genesis will be that razor.

Still hasn’t arrived, though! I must have refreshed the tracking page a million times by now :)
Based on what you said about cutting yourself the Genesis V2 is almost full proof to not nicking you. As a backup and travel razor there is another that is almost impossible to cut yourself with and that's the Schick O Ring Clone injector razor. It's as smooth as my Genesis V2 and as efficient. I did a shave comparison on can a $30 dollar razor shave as well as a $400 razor. look it up a lot of info. In fact there is a sale going on now so they are like $26.00 plus shipping. The key to the O Ring is you have to order the Schick 11 twins from Japan ( these are not like a cart blade ) they are two blades bonded together and they are amazing blades. If you go in the thread about them there are plenty of info and links. Trust me you will thank me! I've been saying the Genesis and O Ring clone are the only two razor in my den that I can shave with complete reckless abandonment and not ever get a nick or irritation. Clones a great back up, travel or gym bag razor. I bought 2 extras just in case they stop making them. Oh and i'm on my 37th shave with the first blade I ever put it the razor. There are guys with over 50 shaves on 1 blade! So a nice break from the 2 shaves I get from the Feather FHS 10 blades. Some day someone will come out with a better blade than the Feathers and I hope it's soon.
Enjoy the new OB!

With blade flipping I am now consistently getting 6 very good shaves from an FHS in my Genesis V2.

Now I’m excited. I have about 200 FHS-10s and the idea of that stash lasting 3 or so years is very compelling to me.

I buy mine from gifts and care. They don’t charge tax when you buy from Australia and it works out at about 52USD for 100 (before shipping). If you buy just the right amount of other gear you can get the shipping fee pretty low too. Definitely the cheapest vendor I’ve found for these blades.
Thank You

Based on what you said about cutting yourself the Genesis V2 is almost full proof to not nicking you. As a backup and travel razor there is another that is almost impossible to cut yourself with and that's the Schick O Ring Clone injector razor. It's as smooth as my Genesis V2 and as efficient. I did a shave comparison on can a $30 dollar razor shave as well as a $400 razor. look it up a lot of info. In fact there is a sale going on now so they are like $26.00 plus shipping. The key to the O Ring is you have to order the Schick 11 twins from Japan ( these are not like a cart blade ) they are two blades bonded together and they are amazing blades. If you go in the thread about them there are plenty of info and links. Trust me you will thank me! I've been saying the Genesis and O Ring clone are the only two razor in my den that I can shave with complete reckless abandonment and not ever get a nick or irritation. Clones a great back up, travel or gym bag razor. I bought 2 extras just in case they stop making them. Oh and i'm on my 37th shave with the first blade I ever put it the razor. There are guys with over 50 shaves on 1 blade! So a nice break from the 2 shaves I get from the Feather FHS 10 blades. Some day someone will come out with a better blade than the Feathers and I hope it's soon.
Enjoy the new OB!
Not to do this again but, I'm sure your talking about the Schick Type O Injector clone, right?
proxy.php

Top Bottom