What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Feb 21 - Jun 21 RIP od friends and thank you for your service

4 + month of every over day shave, I went ahead and finisshed it today, could have probably done another shave with it

View attachment 1284976

Prep : hot shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso Green
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso white in a tube last shave from this tube
Razor : King C Gilette
Blade : Voshkod (3)

Result :

3 pass shave. some post shave irritation. thinking of switching up the blade to something sharper for the next shave
Take the scissors to that tube. There are least 2, possibly as many as 4 or even 5 shaves left in there.

Still in
Yates H tonight, I think I'll be putting it away for a few days. Not a great shave from it tonight, back to the EH or the Karve E.
0621212044b~2.jpg

Day 21, 70% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84 SB, Wizamet SI #2
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

BBS face, and a very promising neck shave, getting the trouble spots clearer than usual. I'll use this razor for the rest of the month, to get it completely dialled-in.

As usual with me, when I fall out of GRUME, I fall hard... As well as the Penhaligons tallow soap I've also picked up an SV 70th Anniversary Soap, a NOS Penhaligons Sartorial Shaving Cream (that comes with a Penhaligons razor and some Wilkinson Sword Blades), an Esteem Barbershop Soap and Sensitive Post Shave Balm, and I've ordered a Vulfix No 28 Boar Brush and spare Mondial Boar (although that is out of stock and it's unclear if they will get more in)... Hopefully next month is a better one for restraint!

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
BAEA658A-8FEF-466A-B020-D2469A4D43DE.jpeg

Still in.

This is what I settled on for moving shaves, all the shaving stuff goes into a box and will be moved to the new place. Could go even more minimalist and just hand lather and pack the brush.. sure.. and even do without the Lucky Tiger and use conditioner etc? sure... but.. I like this.

Still in. I'm itchin' for the end of the month though. That's no lie.

Got a DFS on the neck today. Very little irritation and thought I got away weeper-free, but alas two small ones popped up and had me break out the styptic. Still, all-in-all a great shave.

'54 Super Speed
Feather (3)
Lee's Safety Badger
MoonSoaps Havana (I am so in love with this scent and this soap)
Pinaud VIBR
Nivea Sensitive Skin

Owen Bawn

I though about it briefly and closed my eyes looked the other way and decided I was done with it. That because I had "finished" it I was due to replace it. Now a soap will replace it so I guess there will not be any gray line when that one will be finished.
I'm just messing about... it is a good feeling whenever I finish a soap or a cream, as it happens infrequently. I always have a Proraso green soap or cream going, and it takes years to finish it because I use so many different products. Congratulations on finishing yours and enjoy your new soap.

As usual with me, when I fall out of GRUME, I fall hard... As well as the Penhaligons tallow soap I've also picked up an SV 70th Anniversary Soap, a NOS Penhaligons Sartorial Shaving Cream (that comes with a Penhaligons razor and some Wilkinson Sword Blades), an Esteem Barbershop Soap and Sensitive Post Shave Balm, and I've ordered a Vulfix No 28 Boar Brush and spare Mondial Boar (although that is out of stock and it's unclear if they will get more in)... Hopefully next month is a better one for restraint!
Better add 5 x Palmolive sticks (cheaper in bulk and discontinued) and a puck of Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera (to make up the free shipping) to the list as well...:001_rolle

Owen Bawn

Still in but no shave today as I am still close to clean shaven 24 hours later. My Razorock Hawk v3/Feather ProGuard shave last night was insanely close. I have never had Electrolysis, but I doubt it would be any closer. 🤪

I think this has been my easiest GRUME to date. Yeah, yeah… famous last words!
Aren't you out on the muskeg on bivouac?

Day 22, 73.3% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Arko
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84 SB, Wizamet SI #3
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

Blade, razor and technique all behaved perfectly, and I got a mechanically fine shave. There was some post-shave irritation though, which felt like a reaction to the soap.

I probably won't last long in Arko August. Have we got an MWF month?

Top Bottom