What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I just checked the mail to find a box from Italian Barber. Apparently my youngest daughter got in touch with them asking advice for a Father's Day gift. They asked her what Italian soaps I had, so she went to the bathroom in the cellar and told them I had 3 different Prorasos, Cella, Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, the green tobacco Razorock Zi Peppino, and a couple of TFS soaps- all while texting on the phone with them. They told her I would probably really like their new XXX with menthol soap and splash, so she ordered it, and that's what came just now. I can just see her typing the labels on 10,000 different soaps over the phone to the guy... To be honest, more soap and aftershave is the last of the last of the very last things I'd buy right now, but the fact that she put such effort into this purchase really gets me right here. I had already shaved this morning (using Santa Maria del Fiore soap and Zi Peppino splash!) so this new soap and splash are queued up for tomorrow morning. It smells really nice in the jar and in the bottle- citrus and soapy. It's a big jar of soap- the same size as the SMdF, and that's been in somewhat regular rotation since 2016! This was like a really nice pie in the face. Still in restraint.

Last edited:
Still in

Landed back home 1 am local time. Still haven’t shaved today because I was just too beat. Tonight or in the morning. I decided to take my wife out for a late lunch and drinks instead.

[mention]Owen Bawn [/mention] It feels good when someone works hard to give a thoughtful gift.

[mention]Sinnbad11 [/mention] Milstream Back Road Stout. Milstream’s a local microbrew that’s been around here since the 1980s.

proxy.php

Still in

Landed back home 1 am local time. Still haven’t shaved today because I was just too beat. Tonight or in the morning. I decided to take my wife out for a late lunch and drinks instead.

[mention]Owen Bawn [/mention] It feels good when someone works hard to give a thoughtful gift.

[mention]Sinnbad11 [/mention] Milstream Back Road Stout. Milstream’s a local microbrew that’s been around here since the 1980s.

proxy.php
Damn that looks good! I'm sipping on a Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout, they are a NC microbrewery.
1624138652024.png

Still in
Tonight’s shave was
Pre-Shave:Warm face wash
Brush: Frank Shaving 2 band Badger
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty long handle (9/8/8)
Blade: Shark SS (3)
Soap: Monsavon Bol A Raser
Post-Shave: Alum Block
D R Harris AS splash
Nivea Protect & Care ASB

Another fine BBS shave with no nicks or weepers. Monsavon does it again. A cheap as chips soap that performs like a champ for me. No sting from the alum and only a little burn from the AS splash.
Feeling good rolling into Fathets day and only 10 days to go 😎😎😎😎
Nearly there fellas stay strong

Still in.

I'm back!

After suffering from breakouts for weeks, not shaving for 18 days and getting disapproving looks from family, I shaved today.

The familiar sensation of face lathering, the sound of the Kamisori and SE blade and smell of Tabac, ooh.

It was an outstanding experience and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
All the best of the best items were brought in for today's shave and they made a great shave even better.

Feather Kamisori
Feather Professional blade #1
Simpsons Chubby 3
Tabac Original

I'm not using any aftershave for now, some ingredients are ordered and I'll be making a homemade mixture of them to see if they work well for me.

This homemade aftershave project was supposed to be done months ago, but lockdown made it impossible to get the items.

I overloaded the Chubby 3 and enjoyed the Tabac smell throughout the shave, no quarter were spared and the lather was excellent.

I got 2 cuts during the shave, but I didn't think it was uncalled for as I strayed from Kamisori for top long.

One cut was my fault, other was due to a twitch of the hand for no apparent reason.

I'll be shaving in alternate days and using DE razors in between.

It is finally good to be shaving again and more importantly to realize that I haven't forgotten how to use Kamisori.

IMG_20210620_132842.jpg

Still in.

I'm back!

After suffering from breakouts for weeks, not shaving for 18 days and getting disapproving looks from family, I shaved today.

The familiar sensation of face lathering, the sound of the Kamisori and SE blade and smell of Tabac, ooh.

It was an outstanding experience and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
All the best of the best items were brought in for today's shave and they made a great shave even better.

Feather Kamisori
Feather Professional blade #1
Simpsons Chubby 3
Tabac Original

I'm not using any aftershave for now, some ingredients are ordered and I'll be making a homemade mixture of them to see if they work well for me.

This homemade aftershave project was supposed to be done months ago, but lockdown made it impossible to get the items.

I overloaded the Chubby 3 and enjoyed the Tabac smell throughout the shave, no quarter were spared and the lather was excellent.

I got 2 cuts during the shave, but I didn't think it was uncalled for as I strayed from Kamisori for top long.

One cut was my fault, other was due to a twitch of the hand for no apparent reason.

I'll be shaving in alternate days and using DE razors in between.

It is finally good to be shaving again and more importantly to realize that I haven't forgotten how to use Kamisori.

View attachment 1284294
Glad to hear your irritation has cleared up enough to allow you to start shaving again!

Top Bottom