What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Not shopping today so another month in the books. Did grab a shave today, to try out these Shark Stainless blades that I traded for.

88C5173B-0972-4C51-AAD6-C3C230BEEE5D.jpeg

Yeah.

It was good, not great, trying to decide if I should try a different razor. This Fatip has left enough red on my face lately that its future in the house is coming into question.

Only a 2 pass shave today. Can't even call it DFS, but at least there is no irritation. I'll have to shave again tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't be aiming for great shaves lol. Congrats to all who made it to the end. This was my first GRUME. I'll probably be back in August for that one.

'71 Gillette Tech
Feather (3?)
Lee's Safety badger
Moon Soaps Havana
Pinaud VIBR
Nivea Sensitive Skin

full

Only a 2 pass shave today. Can't even call it DFS, but at least there is no irritation. I'll have to shave again tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't be aiming for great shaves lol. Congrats to all who made it to the end. This was my first GRUME. I'll probably be back in August for that one.

'71 Gillette Tech
Feather (3?)
Lee's Safety badger
Moon Soaps Havana
Pinaud VIBR
Nivea Sensitive Skin

full
What part of the shave let you down?

What part of the shave let you down?
My hair grows all kindsa ways on my neck in certain areas. So, to get DFS and sometimes a BBS I'm doing at least 3 passes if not 4. I usually settle with 3 for a DFS to minimize the weepers and irritation. With a simple 2 pass, I'm going going down the neck and then up the neck. Since my hair grows in all ways, I can't even classify down the neck as WTG, because it is in some parts, but in others it's XTG and in others it's ATG. Some for up the neck. If I don't do sideways and slants on my neck, it's just going to not be an overall great shave. And, my beard grows back quickly, so it really shows when it's just an okay shave. But, at least I'm not shaving twice a day like I was when I was in the Marines.

Still in.
First shave with the Vector today.
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: 22mm SHD Maggard re-knot
Bowl: Timeless
Soap & A/S: Stirling Executive Man
Fantastic first shave with the Vector! Thoroughly enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to getting more proficient with it. Have a great day y’all!
CBB4C7AD-3716-4F24-8370-94958EFB863D.jpeg

Top Bottom