What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Day 20, still in.

This week is Tabac-week.. Loved by many, including myself, hated by few.
Got to use this more regulary since I got 2 almost full white bowls and a never used stick.

Fatip FOCS
Sputnik blade (7)
Muhle rytmo badger
Tabac soap (puck)
mix Alcolado glacial/proraso red splash
Edt Tabac craftsman

A face lather for a change. Very nice decent shave, still amazed how well this soap performes.

Still in.
I've had some good shaves recently, today's sotd:

Feather Blade (2)
Rocnel Sailor 2021
SV Dolomiti 4.0
Simpsons Classic 1 Two-Band
Thayers WH

The Classic 1 Two-Band is a very lovable brush IMO, it's punches well above it's weight category and gives the Chubby 1 a run for it's money. I haven't used it much since earlier in the year when I was traveling/living out of suitcase.

June is a month of temptations with EOFY sales now starting. Thankfully I have more than enough consumables and other stuff for the long haul that I can pass without FOMO.

Day 20, 66.6% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84 SB, Wizamet SI #1
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Yesterday's shave wasn't very thorough, so made up for it with a fresh Wizamet and full XTG and ATG.

I've used the safety bar .84 for a week without any irritation or drama, so it is the current favourite. The Rockwell is good, but this one beats it for agility.

Duck rabbit is a somewhat local to me coffee microroaster, they use a very similar logo. Weird!
Duck-rabbits sounded vaguely familiar, so I looked them up and found they have a long history:

Still out.

but no further purchases. Becoming increasingly confident of getting through the rest of the year with my current soap stash. Could probably put a decent dent into 2022 without holding back on the lather. Part of me wants to run these 7 half full tubs down to nothing and see how far I get. After the last shave I would head down to a bricks and mortar store for a refill puck. For a brief moment I would take the prize of being the only B&B member without a scrap of shaving soap.

Last edited:
Still in

Gillette Rocket
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
TOBS Grapefruit Shaving Cream
Stirling Arkadia Aftershave

IMG-2786.jpg

Feb 21 - Jun 21 RIP od friends and thank you for your service

4 + month of every over day shave, I went ahead and finisshed it today, could have probably done another shave with it

IMG-8944.jpg

Prep : hot shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso Green
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso white in a tube last shave from this tube
Razor : King C Gilette
Blade : Voshkod (3)

Result :

3 pass shave. some post shave irritation. thinking of switching up the blade to something sharper for the next shave

Still out

I’ve been spending some time this week digging through the back of my shaving cupboard and pulling out some things that I haven’t used in a while or not at all to date. Today I’ve confirmed too things I already knew.

1. Boar brushes are great. I put an unused SOC Cherry Boar on BST but it didn’t sell. If you can’t sell it you might as well use it I thought. Well the boar was great. With just a test lather it was plenty soft and it will keep getting better. I think I will use the boar more often.

2. ABC is incompatible with my face. It starts off fine but by the end of the shave my face is on fire. This goes away soon after rinsing it off. It’s a real shame because the lather, scent and slickness is great. This one needs to go into a PIF or trade. That or I need to finish shaving faster.

Top Bottom