What's new

Introducing..... the Badger & Blade Essential - Prototype.....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Looks gorgeous, however can I get mine with individually microengraved and numbered hairs, so I can take it apart and reassemble it?

On what basis do you make that recommendation?

To not have to deal with post-purchase technical support? :biggrin:

But viewing the pictures, I had the same question regarding whether this brush would be comfortable to hold, and also about the longer loft vs. PJ2. Another one I was wondering was whether this brush would feel like a "plug" when squeezing inward at the very base of the knot, as some other brushes do.

Also, at the end of the day everyone does have different preferences, and you'll never please everyone. Best.

J

But viewing the pictures, I had the same question regarding whether this brush would be comfortable to hold, and also about the longer loft vs. PJ2. Another one I was wondering was whether this brush would feel like a "plug" when squeezing inward at the very base of the knot, as some other brushes do.

Also, at the end of the day everyone does have different preferences, and you'll never please everyone. Best.

J

Completely agreed. One thing I feel like I must point out -- it's already easy to tell that a LOT of hard work, research and effort has gone into this brush design already -- and it's an early beta (alpha?) stage project. No telling how many previous iterations of this brush joel has seen or gone over with the Manufacturer, so please don't take my questions and initial reaction as a knock against this brush. The fact is, I've never held this brush, used this brush, or ever seen anything quite like this brush before. So at the end of the day, my opinion is simply just like yomuppet states -- one opinion.

Gents, let's give Joel time to evaluate and post his findings before we come to any conclusions or criticisms. I know Joel to be honest and thorough with his testing methodologies.

Gents, let's give Joel time to evaluate and post his findings before we come to any conclusions or criticisms. I know Joel to be honest and thorough with his testing methodologies.

Amen. And also, keep in mind, while I have no idea what the price will be, this is supposed to be an ENTRY LEVEL brush. So while it's quality may be well above a lot of higher priced brushes, it is also best to keep in mind, it is not designed to compete with a Plisson HMW or a Rooney Finest (although some might end up preferring it to one of those). The idea was to build a really solid, quality brush that would be highly functional, easy to use for a beginner, and of a quality level that a beginner who bought it could be happy with it for life, even as they collect other more expensive brushes tailored to their personal preferences. It may turn out to be better, for a lot of people and always depending on personal taste, than a lot of brushes that cost a lot more. But it was still designed as a solid workhorse of an everyman's brush, and as that, the initial impression is that it looks pretty extraordinary.

-Mo

J

Yes - you will be able to feel something in the very base of the knot - however no more than you can with a C&E/EJ BBB. In this brush however, it is NOT a plug, it is glue, which is done purposely to strengthen the base of the knot, which allows there to be a VERY dense knot, without splaying out VERY wide, and acting like a much bigger, floppier brush. This is done in the Simpson Chubby as well, however they hide it by using longer hair, and mounting the knot deeper into the handle, which is why chubbys have a short loft :wink: We couldn't do that with this brush, as it'd look awful mounted deeper, since the brush is clear. Note: you cannot feel the glue channel at all in use.

Top Bottom